Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

94 Turbo Wagon Main Wire Harness Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Turbo Wagon Main Wire Harness Help

Hi all. This is my first post, but I have spent countless hours here searching through and reading thread after thread. This is the first place I turn when I get stuck working on, or trying to diagnose my Volvo(s). The information I have found here has saved me immeasurable frustrations and many thousands of dollars... So to all of you here, Thank You!!

Sadly, I am in the processes of stripping down and parting-out my 94 850 Turbo Sportswagon. I have stripped 90% of the interior and have carefully removed all the wiring harnesses in tact all the way up to where all the harnesses plug in together under the dash in on the left side almost underneath where the fuse box is located. The dash is removed so its all very accessable, but I am not able to unplug the big RED connectors on the ends of the harnesses from each other. Does anyone know how this is done?

This is the 2nd 850 I have owned and my 5th Volvo in 30 years. The auto trans had been failing me and I made the decision months ago that when it gave out I would not fix it or replace and instead of selling the car broken down I would try my first ever part-out and see if I could make more money selling the parts. Other than the transmission, everything still worked perfectly. It breaks my heart to see my baby in so many pieces, but nothing gives you more appreciation for how a car is put together than taking one apart!

Thanks to anyone who can help me. Thanks for reading this post... And again, thanks for all the help all of your posts have given me in the past.
Have a great day!
Darren.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

It should have a tab to pull to release it. Pull it and release it. That is the main plug for the dash.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by rspi
It should have a tab to pull to release it. Pull it and release it. That is the main plug for the dash.
Thank You! I was looking at it upside down and never noticed the tab. I got all three harnesses disconnected in about one minute after I got this reply...

I assume you are Robert, aka RSpi007 (youtube). I am honored to have your advice. Your youtube videos have been tremendously helpful. The one about removing the rear seat-backs was a life-saver! Very much appreciate your help. Thanks!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:32 PM

That's *the* Robert, aka rspi aka RSpi007, the Vast, Valuable Volvo Video Virtuoso. He's famous, you know