Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

FIXED: 850 Turbo won't start - Listen to it try...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 850 Turbo won't start - Listen to it try...

Volgrrr, I did try it for what was probably over a minute.

I agree, you feel like you're doing something wrong leaving it cranking that long... but I decided to just do exactly as Tech suggested since he'd helped me with very accurate information before. When I did it for the longest time, it only had just begun to start to run. Then I got out my watch for the next try (I was going to watch it for a minute solid like you mentioned), but it started up within 15 seconds on that try. It took one more try before I really got it running. You could sort of feel it coming back to life more and more each time.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Verum

Volgrrr, I did try it for what was probably over a minute.

I agree, you feel like you're doing something wrong leaving it cranking that long... but I decided to just do exactly as Tech suggested since he'd helped me with very accurate information before. When I did it for the longest time, it only had just begun to start to run. Then I got out my watch for the next try (I was going to watch it for a minute solid like you mentioned), but it started up within 15 seconds on that try. It took one more try before I really got it running. You could sort of feel it coming back to life more and more each time.
Thanks to both Tech and Verum.

At present the new battery is on the charger(just to make sure it's 100% charged) and I'll give the 'flat to the boards technique'a whirl tomorrow.

Thanks once again fellas.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Verum

Tech, you're the man. I did exactly as you suggested, and after a long minute, it started to... start. I guess I came off the gas too quickly, and it died again. But a few more tries and it was back up and running!

Many thanks to you Tech and everyone else for your input.
Same for me now. It took about 80 seconds to eventually start.

Thanks to Tech and Verum for pointing me in the right direction.