Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Intgrated child seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intgrated child seat problem

Greetings Fellow Volvo Peoples

I'm currently owned by a '95 850 wagon - white, of course. I bought this car second hand back in 1999 and simply love it. It has aged very gracefully (wish I could say the same!) and has had only a few minor repairs over the years. Currently, it has 155,000 miles under it's belt and is still the car I used daily.

Last evening I went out to vacuum and wash the interior of my car. I am a handicapped woman who uses a service dog for mobility assistance and the back seat belongs to the dog. Nowthe dogsheds a ton , and as wonderful as she is, she still hasn't figured out how to work the vacuum cleaner Normally, someone elsedoes the cleaning for me, but last night I was the only one available.

Here is where you come in...

In trying to get all the dog hair out of the car, I flipped the integrated child safety seat down to vacuum it, but when I was done, I could not get it to fold back up again. It seems to be locked somehow and I cannot figure out how to unlock it.

I'm not the most agile person in the universe so hanging out in the back seat to try to figure out the puzzle was not an option, and the manual, bless it's understated little heart, was not much of a help.

Can you explain how I might get this seat back into it's normal storage postion? As it is now, I cannot put my German Shepherd service dog in her usual place. She doesn't fit on the front seat, and when she tries, she inadvertantly hits the overdrive lockout button with her paws. (OK, the window controls and such on this car were never made by people with dogs! LOL!)

Can you help me?
Thanks...

Shirley

Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Intgrated child seat problem

Sometimes they do jam and are a pain to get back up.
You did fold the back part down first then try to fold the entire thing back up correctly?

Old 11-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the bottom of the back support there is a plastic piece that you pull up-it will allow you to fold that back support down, then strap it to the seat bottom with the smal strap, and fold the whole thing up into the seat-telling from my memory, I do not have the car anymore.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine gets stuck once in a while too. It is a pain when it doesn´t want to raise. The latches on the side release with gravity but if they are dirty or need lubrication they will not release and the backrest won´t go up.-