Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

New guy here looking to buy a 95 Turbo Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New guy here looking to buy a 95 Turbo Wagon

Well just joined yesterday,

I have been looking at a 1995 850 Turbo Wagon T5 please forgive if I screwed it up. Currently it has 190K miles on it, one owner car and it sounds like it has all of the service records to go with it. Car looks good inside and out minus the front bumper, not sure what the rear bumper looks like?

I have been looking through FPC Euro and RSPI's You Tube channels and have decided that buying a car like this for $2,000 is a worthwhile investment over say a $5K or so Honda Civic that might be 5 or so years newer. I love Honda's my last 3 cars have been Honda's but I am not happy with most of them as far as power goes and also space. Volvo and Honda cars seem to be built well and very user friendly when it comes to working on them yourself. Not sure if posting pics in here is the right thing to do or not, but I thought it would help in determining what all there was to this car.

Thanks for taking a moment to look at this and if need be feel free to move this to a more appropriate section of the forums.

Also this is posted from the son of the owner who is a well liked and respected member, not easy to do on a motorcycle forum.

1995 Volvo 850 Turbo with 190k mommy miles. Very clean inside and out- with the exception of the front air dam that had some peeling paint (my old man though it would be a good idea to rattle can it- he's not allowed in my garage BTW). Meticulously maintained, recently serviced, all service records available. The primary mechanic will fully vouch for the auto's integrity.

So what do you guys think? I will be looking at it tomorrow afternoon, I feel confident as to what to look for after watching rspi's what to look for in a used car since he used the T5-R in it as a reference Thanks for looking and leaving your feedback

Old 10-18-2013, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't see how you could go wrong with that car for $2,000. I like the white Volvo 850 T5 wagon quite a bit. I had a 97 White R that looked great. My son has a white 98 S70 T5M that also looks great. My whole family is partial to white cars though.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I'd love to snag one of those for a second car to mod or give to my mom. I actually want a '96 Platnimum wagon. $2,000 for a well maintained car, that's a steal in my eyes.

This is my causion video. If the car passes these checks your in real good shape. My car failed most of these when I purchased it. Lol

Old 10-18-2013, 04:29 PM

Thank you guys for your feedback, looks like I might of missed this one. I have not heard back from the seller, there was someone ahead of me that had the appointment to look at it. Crossing my fingers and waiting anxiously to hear from them

Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 PM

Well it was sold from right under my nose. Hopefully something else will work out for me. Thanks for the replies ladies and gentlemen.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:57 AM
Administrator
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you're searching on Craigslist and don't know about "ListAlert" here is a link.

You enter you search criteria and then ListAlert sends you updates. I have one for 850's in my area as I'm trying to find a red turbo wagon. It's a lot easier than remembering to and going in and searching. Sends you a notice to your Email if it's found anything and them lets you open it on their site and the best part is if there's photos it shows the photo with the description so it's nicer than just Craigslists search of one line of info and no photo.

Craigslist Alerts at List-Alert.com

I have to admit I will still do a Craigslist search if it's something I'm really interested in or in need of just in case ListAlert missed something.

Good hunting !!

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 10-19-2013 at 04:49 PM.