Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

no lights cluster, fuel gauge broken , no speepometer

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no lights cluster, fuel gauge broken , no speepometer

Hi Guys

Need help again. All at once My cluster lights went out, fuel gauge stopped working, speedo stopped working, TRACKS arrow flashing, tranny shifting late rpm's go to high before it shifts. For a short time before I lost the cluster lights every so often the left side of the cluster would not light up so I would bang the top of the dash a they would go on. I replaced the pnp and the vehicle speed sensor and that fixed the flashing arrow but it still shifts funny, I ran the test on the cluster for the gauges and the all checked out fine. half way on the fuel gauge and temp. Straight up on the speedo and tach. The temp gauge and rpm's work but the lights speedo and fuel don't work/ All idiot light do work. I think I have a loose wire/s in the cluster. I'm about to pull out the cluster. But more importantly the tranny and speedo, and fuel gauge need attention.

HELP

Thanx Rick

Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

I have this same issue but intermittantly. Mine shows up only if the car has sat for a bit and the battery is low. Charge the battery up and my issue seems to go away. Check your battery and connections. Wsh I could ofer more. Please post a solution if you find it. THank you!!