Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

PLEASE HELP ME...CD CHANGER PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP ME...CD CHANGER PROBLEM

ok, heres my story:

about a month ago i joined this forum and no one really helped me solve this problem i had with my cd changer. so im willing to give it another shot to ask for help.

about a month ago i bought a 1993 volvo 850. It was equipped with a factory made cd changer that says VOLVO on it. Well, when i first tried it out, the ejection light blinked THREE times and didnt do anything when i pushed it. Then when i turn my radio to the CD mode, it comes out with an error displayed as E 01 on the radio. so i managed to open the magazine/cartridge (with a screwdriver and somehow popped it out with it) to see if anything was jammed. nothing was jammed and i couldnt see any cd in the changer at all. so i inserted 3 cd's to test it out and put the cartridge back in. it still reads as E 01 on the radio AND on top of that the EJECT button still blinks three times whenever i press it and does nothing. can some PLEASE HELP ME

thank you for reading this,

-Andy

Old 09-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: PLEASE HELP ME...CD CHANGER PROBLEM

Maybe it is unplugged in the back of the Headunit. or Even at the CD changer.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:53 PM

If the ejection light is flashing when you press it there is power there.

When my CD changer stopped working I was getting ready to change it for another I had bought. However, the replacement had a different type of interface which plugs into the rear of the radio head unit (it had an extra wire). I plugged the old interface back into the head unit whilst I figured out where the extra wire went. The original CD changer came back to life and worked properly.

Occasionally I get the error message up and, if all else fails, I unplug the interface, leave it out for about 30 minutes and plug it back in. The error message has always gone.

Worth trying?

Old 09-30-2006, 08:57 PM

you know what, both of you may be on to something about checking the connections haha. ive been stressed out whenever i take a gander at this cd changer that i didnt even once think about looking at the connections. So right now i just checked out the connections. There are two cords i discovered but anyways theres a black cord that i believe is the connection to the radio. Because whenever i disconnect is, the display on the radio goes from E 01 to EEEEE. and also with that black thing unplugged, i can still push the EJECT button and get the three blinks from it, so i know that that isnt the plug that controls the power. so ill take ur advice and unplug wutever that black cord was for 30 minutes to see if it works. ill get back to you all in a little bit.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:32 PM

ok disconnecting the black cord didnt work, i guess im just going to have to look at the back of the radio to see if everything is plugged in properly...if anyone has any more advice, please tell me. i appreciate it

Old 10-01-2006, 07:25 PM

Yes, the black cord does connect the CD changer to the radio but if it is like mine, and it should be, it will actually plug into the interface. The interface is a small box which plugs into the back of the radio head unit and converts what comes from the CD changer to something the head unit can play (non-technical description of the interface!).

The error code EEEE was showing on mine before I unplugged the interface.

Disconnect the interface from the head unit and, if you wish, the black cable from the interface. Do not connect the CD changer direct to the radio head unit.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:26 PM

ok ill try that