Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Video-why you no start?

Old 08-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video-why you no start?

No start - YouTube

Hello.

I am more of a tinkerer than a mechanic, soI feel a bit foolish forgetting something that would seem obvious.

I read through lots of vague posts here and there about what may be wrong here. I figured it's 2011, I could just stop the guess work, and post this video on the forum.

Bottom line, car will not turn over.

Fuel - check
Power - check
Spark - Good as far as I can tell.
Belts - check
Fuses- check
Vacuum - Fittings/hoses checked, no visible problems.

What I think?

I have a feeling it is electrical, or a bad fuel pump. I am more than a little rusty. So, I will leave it to people a tad more in the know.

If you have any ideas, I am all ears.

Thank you.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Media
No start - YouTube

Hello.

I am more of a tinkerer than a mechanic, soI feel a bit foolish forgetting something that would seem obvious.

I read through lots of vague posts here and there about what may be wrong here. I figured it's 2011, I could just stop the guess work, and post this video on the forum.

Bottom line, car will not turn over.

Fuel - check
Power - check
Spark - Good as far as I can tell.
Belts - check
Fuses- check
Vacuum -Fittings/hoses checked, no visible problems.

What I think?

I have a feeling it is electrical, or a bad fuel pump. I am more than a little rusty. So, I will leave it to people a tad more in the know.

If you have any ideas, I am all ears.

Thank you.
FYI: the engine is turning over (aka cranking over); it's just not starting.

And you barely cranked it long enough to start; suspect you've been doing that awhile since the battery sounded low (state of charge). Put a trickle charger on it for 12 to 24 hrs.

Some background info would be helpful; did it just die going down the road, not start one morning, been dying periodically, or what??

Did you hear mechanical noises when it stopped (e.g. a timing belt letting go)? Compression test would confirm if that's an issue or not.

Most likely I suspect you don't have any fuel pressure; did you ck? If that's the issue ck here for more suggestions; most likely Fuel Pump Relay or Fuel Pump.

BTW: yellow text is almost impossible to read.