Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

2009 Volvo C30 Immobilizer. Try start again.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Volvo C30 Immobilizer. Try start again.

I drive a 2009 Volvo C30. This morning I started the car and backed out of the garage. I needed to check something so I put it back in park and turned off the engine. After 5-10 minutes, came back to start the car and it wouldn't start. I got a message "Immobilizer. Try start again." I tried using the other key and still wouldn't start. I tried to start 3 or 4 times and each time sounded worse than the prior one. Please advise.

What else I have tried based on websites I found:
locked/unlocked the door 5 times in a row - nothing happened
leaving the ignition in position 2 for 5 minutes - cycles through all the error messages, says ABS is turned off, couldn't even lock/unlock my car using either the key or the car door anymore
disconnect the battery for 15 minutes - locking/unlocking back to normal, "Immobilizer. Try start again." after a few attempts to start the car

Old 08-08-2020, 12:52 PM
Default Did you get this sorted in the end ? And how ?

Originally Posted by daufoi
I drive a 2009 Volvo C30. This morning I started the car and backed out of the garage. I needed to check something so I put it back in park and turned off the engine. After 5-10 minutes, came back to start the car and it wouldn't start. I got a message "Immobilizer. Try start again." I tried using the other key and still wouldn't start. I tried to start 3 or 4 times and each time sounded worse than the prior one. Please advise.

What else I have tried based on websites I found:
locked/unlocked the door 5 times in a row - nothing happened
leaving the ignition in position 2 for 5 minutes - cycles through all the error messages, says ABS is turned off, couldn't even lock/unlock my car using either the key or the car door anymore
disconnect the battery for 15 minutes - locking/unlocking back to normal, "Immobilizer. Try start again." after a few attempts to start the car
did you get this sorted and how ?

Old 02-26-2021, 09:56 PM

Replace car battery should work had the same issue