Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

2012 C30 Voice Dialing using iPhone / SIRI

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 C30 Voice Dialing using iPhone / SIRI

Hi, Did anyone encounter an issue with starting a Phone Call over Bluetooth paired iPhone 6 using SIRI? Or just invoking SIRI?
I press and hold Phone / Enter button on the steering wheel but I don't hear SIRI feedback chime? The main info panel on the console says "Voice Tag Dialing" but nothing hapenes even if I say "Dial Contact". On the phone - SIRI is invoked and waiting for command. SIRI doesn't get my command. Why?

If I connect iPhone to Aux Audio, it works fine.
Why don't I hear SIRI chime in Bluetooth mode?

Thank you in advance.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the bluetooth software number in your system? In your car, scroll to settings and then bluetooth. Turn your phone off and try to pair it again. Can you stream music?

Old 02-15-2015, 10:24 AM
Default BT SW version

Hi Vida. Thank you for your help.
The BT Version on the car is 09.11_R.
I tried to pair my phone again like you suggested - same result. No Siri feedback chime and no command accepted by Siri.
I can stream music over Bluetooth but it comes out much quieter than over USB or Audio AUX.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:11 AM

Some additional info. I was actually able to get a response from Siri over BT once today! But that's it, only once. Back to "no response" again.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spektors
Some additional info. I was actually able to get a response from Siri over BT once today! But that's it, only once. Back to "no response" again.
Sorry, If I'm not getting here as quick. Usually busy. Well I look at the version and you should be able to have that function. How many phones do you have it paired to the system? Do you press the call button on the steering wheel while trying to call or you just press siri to give it command? Do you have the list of your contacts in your system?
Any distorcion on the screen display?
Try this. Press the call button on the steering wheel, then press siri and give it a command. "Call (Name) Siri should respond back.
If that doesn't work. Press the button on the steering wheel again. Make a call by scrolling your contacts. After you end the call. Press siri and give a command. Let me know what happens.
Let me find out which one is the latest SW. I performed one last month but the concern was related to the contacts. It may need the latest SW.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:55 PM

Thanks again Vida. I took the car to a local dealer today for BT SW update. My new version is 9.22_R. IT DIDN"T FIX THE PROBLEM.
Here are my answers in-line:
How many phones do you have it paired to the system? - only 1 phone (iPhone 6)
Do you press the call button on the steering wheel while trying to call or you just press siri to give it command? - I press and hold the Phone button on the steering wheel. If I use phone's Home button everything works fine;
Do you have the list of your contacts in your system? - yes, all contacts are in the system;
Any distorcion on the screen display? - no distortions. I noticed that when I use Home phone button to invoke Siri I do get response but after response I see a time counter on the system display as if the call is starting. Although its just Siri transmitting via car speakers.
Try this. Press the call button on the steering wheel, then press siri and give it a command. "Call (Name) Siri should respond back.
If that doesn't work. Press the button on the steering wheel again. Make a call by scrolling your contacts. After you end the call. Press siri and give a command. Let me know what happens. - - I'll try it tomorrow

Thanks a lot for your help.
Stephen

Old 02-21-2015, 11:57 AM

Ok. So I tried these steps:

Press the call button on the steering wheel, then press siri and give it a command. "Call (Name) Siri should respond back. - no audible response from Siri. Siri doesn't accept commands;

Press the button on the steering wheel again. Make a call by scrolling your contacts. After you end the call. Press siri and give a command. Let me know what happens. - this step worked. Siri sent audible response and was able to accept commands. But just once. Second attempt - no audible response and no commands accepted.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:20 AM

i found other option available on iOS11 enable type to Siri on your iPhone, how to enable complete guide visit this web page : https://www.howtoisolve.com/turn-on-...n-iphone-ipad/