Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

New '13 C30 Owner, a few things...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New '13 C30 Owner, a few things...

Hello. I previous owned an '07 Honda Civic EX Coupe from 1/2010 through last week (7/2020). I noticed a few things off the bat as I drove it off the lot, which still didn't stunt my happiness in owning one of these beauties.

1. When I activate the A/C, or even the fan, I hear a clipping sound. Could it be that the fan is offset somehow? It's only when the fan is running. Is it possible something got stuck down there instead?

2. I have a notice come up when I start my car; "Alarm System Service Required". This explains why the alarm doesn't chirp when I activate it. I saw on YouTube that a guy figured out it was the system near the passenger wheel that was bad, and that it was a dead battery and possibly worn out solder joints. Has anyone tried replacing this themselves? Did it take an entire weekend or just a day? I don't consider myself a mechanic but I've replaced brake rotors, pads, upgraded an alternator on a truck and add a thicker wire to the solenoid, swapped out my Honda's head unit with an Android unit, etc. I do have a 3D printer though and am wondering if it's worth me attempting to make a more durable enclosure or replicate the one I have, possibly upgrade the design.

3. I have a 6 month warranty on it from the dealership, but am wondering if it's worth taking it back to have them fix everything else, little things like that the front electrical socket doesn't work but the back one does. They had a photo of it up for a day, only one photo unlike the 11 photos they had for the '11 C30 R-Design. I had to act fast as every time I've inquired to a dealership about their used C30, it got sold within a day or two. Are those simple fixes I can do myself, maybe improve on things?