Go Back  Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo C70
Reload this Page >

04' C70 HPT. Quickly accelerated, pop, loss of power, engine shaking.

Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

04' C70 HPT. Quickly accelerated, pop, loss of power, engine shaking.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:37 PM
Default 04' C70 HPT. Quickly accelerated, pop, loss of power, engine shaking.

Today I had the muffler chopped off and straighpiped. It was a good day. The car sounds great. I was on my way home and gave the car some juice and it accelerated quickly as it normally does. Got to about 4th gear, and then I heard a pop like sound. Pretty decent loss of power. The car would still accelerate, but you could tell it didn't want to. It would rumble and sound like its bogging. Luckily I was right down the road from my house. I coasted there in neutral parked her and looked under the hood (it's a manual transmission) The car idles fine and I can't seem to find any blown hoses. I tried restarting the car a couple times and same thing. Little bit of a rough idea at first then runs fine. Second I try to go anywhere it fights me on it, rumbling and not accelerating quickly at all. Not sure what his could be due to! I was just about the take the car on a 600 mile trip! I'm thinking a coil went bad, but I won't be able to pull codes until tommorow. Anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me crazy!

Old 07-13-2017, 08:43 PM

Bump. Anyone want to chime in? Could use some suggestions here.