Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

2007 c70 brake issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 c70 brake issue

This is my daughters car. 135k miles. We've had it about 3 years since 80k miles.

Last weekend I put new front pads and rotors on. I bled them without issue. Yesterday I jacked up the passenger side rear and put new pads on. I bled it with no problem. Then I jacked up the drivers side and installed new pads but it will not pressurized and the piston will not go back out.

After putting it back together, it brakes about the same as before all of my work - ok with a slight pull to the right. I do not believe the drivers side rear caliper has been working for some time. The old pads were twice as thick as the old pads from the passenger side.

What can cause this? Master cylinder? Caliper? Suggestions?

The bleeding and attempted bleeding was done with a helper pushing the pedal. The only fluid I got out of the bleeder was when I screwed in the piston.

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodneygt
This is my daughters car. 135k miles. We've had it about 3 years since 80k miles.

Last weekend I put new front pads and rotors on. I bled them without issue. Yesterday I jacked up the passenger side rear and put new pads on. I bled it with no problem. Then I jacked up the drivers side and installed new pads but it will not pressurized and the piston will not go back out.

After putting it back together, it brakes about the same as before all of my work - ok with a slight pull to the right. I do not believe the drivers side rear caliper has been working for some time. The old pads were twice as thick as the old pads from the passenger side.

What can cause this? Master cylinder? Caliper? Suggestions?

The bleeding and attempted bleeding was done with a helper pushing the pedal. The only fluid I got out of the bleeder was when I screwed in the piston.

Thanks.
It was the distribution block of the abs unit. After finally figuring it out by tracing the line to each junction, I bought a used abs unit and swapped the distribution block from it to my old unit. I then had all 4 brakes. Thanks...