Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

2011 C70 LED Daytime Running Lights

Old 04-21-2018, 07:32 PM
Default 2011 C70 LED Daytime Running Lights

I ordered the part from a Volvo dealer in the UK (I am in the US) that swaps the fog lights for LED daytime running lights. The kit included the lights, new bumper facia for the lights, and a replacement light switch.

When I took the kit to my local dealer, they were able to install everything but the switch. According to them, the new switch requires a software update via VIDA, which Volvo says is not available in the US as it is in other countries.

Is anyone aware of a solution or work-around? I have seen other Volvo sedans in the US with the same LED DRLís, so they must be available on other models here.

So, I have nice LED fog lights. I can simulate the DLRís by putting the light switch in position 2 and turning on the fog light switch. The downside is that if I donít remember to put the light switch in position 1 or 3 before leaving the car, the tail lights will drain my battery...Iíve already done this once!

Any advice would be appreciated!

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-449512/2011

Old 05-07-2018, 02:54 PM

Not sure on this, but following as it seems like a good mod. Why did you end up doing it?

Old 05-09-2018, 06:31 AM

I like the look of the LED fog lights instead of burning the headlights all of the time.

Baring someone coming up,with a way to download the VIDA codes needed, I plan on having the dealer deactivating the headlight DLR and finding someone who can rig the LED fog lights to come on automatically when the car is running.

i can do it manually now by putting the light switch in the 2nd position and pushing the fog light button, but I have to remember to turn the lights back to the 1st position when I turn the car off or I will kill the battery.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:40 AM

Maybe a canadian dealer could do it for you? Or find the code online and do it yourself? I haven't looked into Vida much yet, but I thought I read you could take the part number to them and have it added if you could find an accommodating dealer.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:13 AM

I'm in Tennessee, so that would be quite a drive. My local dealer seemed accommodating, but said that Volvo refused to allow them to download the code referred to in the installation guide..