Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Anti Skid and Wipers on After Wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti Skid and Wipers on After Wash

Like the title says -

I washed under the hood - degreaser and really good rinse.
Now, randomly, it doesnt want to crank but when it does, it throws lots of powertrain and misfire codes then runs perfectly. Other times it cranks without issue.
Along with that - also randomly, it throws the anti skid message but the wipers come on at the same time and wont turn off - no controls at all.

The first time this happened wasnt after the wash but the next day. We got in the car to go to dinner and 5 mins down the road this weird event started. Now it does it randomly.

I've had a very difficult time finding any info about this particular problem.
One thread from the UK mentioned water in the CEM and to pull the wipers and cowl to locate it, but I dont believe thats where it lives on this 08 C70. I'm not sure as I cant find any info telling me where it is.

Today I popped the hood, parked it in the sun all day hoping to dry stuff out that might still have sitting water. Removed the neg term to reset the ECU and left it that way most of the day. I havent tried to start it again but will tomorrow morning.

The car was perfect before this so I know its related to the washing, but would like to exhaust all resources before taking it to a shop.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice/info...

Old 05-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I'd update this for possible future reference.

This combo of weirdness is directly related to an electrical issue. I have no idea which module was affected, but......

As noted above, the car was parked in the direct sunlight which apparently evaporated any remaining water and the problem has not returned.