Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

back window problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back window problem

Hi I have got a volvo c70 from 2001. Yesterday I drove it with the top down and all was ok but when I parked it and pressed the button for the top to come back up it did something unusual. The soft top went up OK but the rear window did not close. It is like it works in 2 cycles, first the windows go down a bit then the top comes back up until it sits on the windscreen frame and then on the second cycle the rear window goes down and the two pieces of metal go in two small holes in the back of the car where they clip and the side windows come up until it makes the sound of a chime. I tried several times and the first cycle was always working but the second cycle did not even start, it was like if the car was not getting the instruction. With the help of the manual I found out how to close the back window manually. I had to find 2 small buttons/controls inside the trunk and manually push the back window down and use one of these controls to manually lock it. Now the soft top has totally stopped working it does not respond when I press the button to put it down and what makes it even worse if that the car does not stop making a continuous chime when I drive to indicate that the soft top is not closed.
Three days before that happened the car battery died and I had to start it at the time with jump leads. I wonder if this could be related and it is just a small electrical issue or is something that is going to be very expensive to fix.

Thanks in advance for any advise you could give me.