Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Bleeding the hydraulic roof

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleeding the hydraulic roof

I'm having problems with my 2010 c70 T5. The hydraulic pump for the roof is making a terrible Whining noise when I put it in motion. I had added some fluid to the reservoir and it went down no problem and 3/4 the way up before it made the noise. Went to put it back down again and it refuses to go. The truck lid was bouncing like an old low rider which gives me reason to believe there's air in the pump/ lines. Is there a specific way to bleed the lines or pump. I noticed there's several hex screws on top of the pump, but couldn't find a TM on what each screw is. Any help is appreciated!!

Old 06-18-2023, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marioburciaga
I'm having problems with my 2010 c70 T5. The hydraulic pump for the roof is making a terrible Whining noise when I put it in motion. I had added some fluid to the reservoir and it went down no problem and 3/4 the way up before it made the noise. Went to put it back down again and it refuses to go. The truck lid was bouncing like an old low rider which gives me reason to believe there's air in the pump/ lines. Is there a specific way to bleed the lines or pump. I noticed there's several hex screws on top of the pump, but couldn't find a TM on what each screw is. Any help is appreciated!!
Mine started to do the same today. Oil reservoir has nominal oil level and oil is not foamy. The systerm is auto bleed. There are some great videos at top hydraulics. Im thinking either the pump itself is shot or there is a flow control valve. Even after leaving it for a few days it makes that horrid sound. I checked with Vida/Dice. No error codes. Have you fixed yours?