Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Just bought my first VOLVO!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my first VOLVO!

Hey guys,

just picked up a STEAL of a volvo yesterday! It's my second car ever, and the first one I bought on my own!

2007 C70 convertible with Navi and a few other options, 1 owner, 160k miles (engine replaced 30k miles ago with one that had about 50k on it; original engine went because of a timing belt snapping, even though the owner preventatively replaced it 10k miles prior to it malfunctioning)

Car is in EXCELLENT condition for it's mileage, almost all highway miles, and it is a stunner!

It does have some minor issues, and I was hoping I could get some help on them:
-windshield washer fluid reservoir leaks, but holds SOME fluid

-power driver seat doesn't work at all (does not move whatsoever); owner said same thing happened to passenger seat, paid $150-$250 to fix? sounds too cheap to be true

-pop-up navi doesn't pop up, must be lifted by hand, makes motor noises as if working, but does not move up automatically like it should

-original FM antenna snapped off, still in my possession though, and still works fine with great signal without it attached

-the left (left when facing front of vehicle) rear hook where the top latches to the trunk area looks like it's put on backwards (I'll post a pic later)

-The VOLVO logo in the front is partially cracked Whaaaa!

Also I believe the front lense for the left (when facing vehicle) headlight has a tiny crack (or so it appears to), I just want to replace the lense, not the entire fixture if possible

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. SEATS Replace micro-switch on each seat near outside hinge rear. 2. Replace antennae from junk yard cheap or universal from auto parts store. 3. Replace radio from e-bay or junk yard. 4. Mount latch correctly or get replacement from junk yard.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Left is the drivers side and right is the passenger side. Just like you, from the direction you are facing. If you can't remember that, use drivers side or passenger side when describing sides.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by MSGTUSMC
1. SEATS Replace micro-switch on each seat near outside hinge rear. 2. Replace antennae from junk yard cheap or universal from auto parts store. 3. Replace radio from e-bay or junk yard. 4. Mount latch correctly or get replacement from junk yard.
Call it "nitpicking", but this is an 07, not the early style C70 the info you posted applies to.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

To answer your questions:

-Need to find the leak. Might be able to see it from below but you might have to pull the bumper.

-Not sure what was done to the passenger seat, might be a blown fuse. Things get left under the seat and jam it which blows the fuse.

-I think there was a bulletin about the gear in the nav screen motor being able to be replaced but I don't remember the details.

-You'll have to remove whats left of the antenna so the new one can screw in.

-I would need to see a pic.

-Needs replacement.

-Volvo does not sell the lense.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ES6T
Call it "nitpicking", but this is an 07, not the early style C70 the info you posted applies to.
I stand corrected. Can you provide correct info to OP? Thanks.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MSGTUSMC
Does this apply to the GEN-I or GEN-II C70? Since you thought I had a GEN-I?

Also if for my Gen-II, can you explain in more detail where to find the micro-switch? I'm not sure where the outside hinge is? And my radio doesn't need replacing, the antenna does, which I already ordered, maybe you meant my GPS which isn't automatically lifting?

Originally Posted by ES6T
To answer your questions:

-Need to find the leak. Might be able to see it from below but you might have to pull the bumper.

-Not sure what was done to the passenger seat, might be a blown fuse. Things get left under the seat and jam it which blows the fuse.

-I think there was a bulletin about the gear in the nav screen motor being able to be replaced but I don't remember the details.

-You'll have to remove whats left of the antenna so the new one can screw in.

-I would need to see a pic.

-Needs replacement.

-Volvo does not sell the lense.

I'm pretty sure the leak is the entire container for it, so I'm just thinking of ordering one to replace it

okay, so the seat might be a fuse. any idea which one to look for?

where would I find the bulletin about the navi screen motor?

I just ordered an aftermarket antenna that should fit to replace my broken one. Non-aftermarket was $45, aftermarket was $10, and imo looked better and smaller

I'll take a pic of the hook to show you what I mean.

ALSO, I went through my first car wash and a tiny amount of water came through the driver side window. Is this normal because of the high-pressure water? I already ordered some Gummi Pflege Stift for my seals. I want to maintain the top as well as I can.

Thanks again guys