Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Just damn problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just damn problems

Guys Im wondering if someone can help me out here.

01 C70 has some issues

1. Windshield cracked. dealer wants around 600 to 700 to install new one. Anyone know of an aftermarket solution?

2. My brakes. Last year I changed the front rotors to Zimmerman and running akebono pads also replaced the lines to SS brake lines. On the rear I replaced the pads to Napa top of the line pads. Problem is this. More often then not I feel the brake pedal pulse as if the i was on ice and ABS was coming on thou ground was dry. Also the brake pedal most of the time feels hard. Dealer said nothing wrong with ABS system.

3. I made a post about my suspension issues. working on getting new shocks and springs.I guess dealer for those. Thou i hate the idea of spending that much cash.
Anyone have a good place to get springs either OEM or not just good springs.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The SS brake lines will firm up the pedal... Your could have warped the rotors???? did you break them in?

Windshield....I believe any good automotive glass shop can do it.....check around.

IPD, FCP have springs.....Both stock and aftermarket (sport)....

Old 05-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Torkk
Guys Im wondering if someone can help me out here.

01 C70 has some issues

1. Windshield cracked. dealer wants around 600 to 700 to install new one. Anyone know of an aftermarket solution?

2. My brakes. Last year I changed the front rotors to Zimmerman and running akebono pads also replaced the lines to SS brake lines. On the rear I replaced the pads to Napa top of the line pads. Problem is this. More often then not I feel the brake pedal pulse as if the i was on ice and ABS was coming on thou ground was dry. Also the brake pedal most of the time feels hard. Dealer said nothing wrong with ABS system.

3. I made a post about my suspension issues. working on getting new shocks and springs.I guess dealer for those. Thou i hate the idea of spending that much cash.
Anyone have a good place to get springs either OEM or not just good springs.
1. Not sure how the fit would be with a different make than Pilkington, but the car has been out for awhile so they probably fit well and cost less. If your front glass is cracked and you have comprehensive insurance then just file the claim.

2. +1 on warped rotors

3. Depends on what look and performance you want out of the new suspension. I went with the Koni FSD's w/ Eibach springs. Slight drop, slight increase in suspension stiffness, also upgraded the sway bars. Car still drives well for a DD. Upgrade the spring seats to the XC90 ones or the IPD HD seats.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM

1). On the windshield, This is a great company that replaces car glass just as good as OEM. BTW, FYI. Volvo does NOT make their own glass, they source it out and mark up the price. So this is just as good! This company has tons of locations thru the U.S. also might be worth while to go thru your ins.co. as mkc70 also stated! check this out!
https://www.safelite.com:443/sslPage...?CLICKED=QUOTE

http://www.prostarsautocare.com/

http://www.windshields.com/

2). Here's your suspension parts! at a fraction of the cost. http://www.fcpgroton.com/category-ex...143/by_year/51

Old 05-12-2009, 06:15 PM

i bought my springs and struts on ebay. just make sure the the part numbers are correct for what your getting. check my sig and see my suspension upgrades.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 PM

I called around locally no one had an aftermarket glass. Ill check those links. thanx

Front rotors have been on for almost a year. Not all the time does the pedal pulse like the ABS but I know its dry ground.

Suspension. I replaced 1 end link( no time to change the other tonight) took her out for a spin seems firm and less noise at that corner.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 PM

I just hit those links posted 1st one was over 1k the other 2 were mid 600. I will be going thru insurance i guess. Hope the premium dont go up