Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Seat motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat motor replacement

I did a search and can't find a relevant thread.

My drivers side seat is having issues getting it up. The front of the seat will not lift or lower. The back side of the seat and all other functions move as they should. Just the front won't adjust. When attempting to lift or lower the front of the seat I can see the dash lights dim so its drawing power. I don't hear a motor under the seat... so perhaps the motor is seized.

Are these expensive and how difficult are they to replace?

- Goat

Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat
I did a search and can't find a relevant thread.

My drivers side seat is having issues getting it up. The front of the seat will not lift or lower. The back side of the seat and all other functions move as they should. Just the front won't adjust. When attempting to lift or lower the front of the seat I can see the dash lights dim so its drawing power. I don't hear a motor under the seat... so perhaps the motor is seized.

Are these expensive and how difficult are they to replace?

- Goat
+1, Dash lights should not dim from a seat adjustment. Motor drawing too much current could be broke or physically seized. I would put a multi-meter on the motor plug and see what is going on. If you need a new motor, then perhaps a salvage yard. See them listed as just the motors or with the tracks complete. Used seats tend to be cheap online until you factor in shipping.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car was not running at the time so I expected the dash lights to be affected by additional draw on the battery. If it was running I could see the dash lights not dimming. This was just a dirty test to see if the switch was working, and from what I can tell, it is. I'll throw a multimeter at it when I get a chance and see what she has to say.

- Goat