Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Service light on for a moment after starting

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service light on for a moment after starting

Hey all. My 2001 C70 HPT had it's service light stay on for about a mile, or 2 minutes down the road. I can turn the car off and right back on and the light will again stay on again for the next couple of minutes. This just started yesterday.

The car seems to be running fine. Although, it may just be paranoia, it seems that it may have lost its *punch* which has me wondering if the turbo isn't functioning correctly.

I do know on certain cars makes, they force the service light on at certain mileage intervals to remind you of a recommended factory maintenance. I am at about 112k on the odometer... so this didn't make much sense to me, but perhaps. It is my first Volvo and I have only had her about 9 months.

Any input is greatly appreciated. And yes, I did do a search of the forum for similar issues before posting.

Thank you!

- Goat

Old 08-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat
Hey all. My 2001 C70 HPT had it's service light stay on for about a mile, or 2 minutes down the road. I can turn the car off and right back on and the light will again stay on again for the next couple of minutes. This just started yesterday.

The car seems to be running fine. Although, it may just be paranoia, it seems that it may have lost its *punch* which has me wondering if the turbo isn't functioning correctly.

I do know on certain cars makes, they force the service light on at certain mileage intervals to remind you of a recommended factory maintenance. I am at about 112k on the odometer... so this didn't make much sense to me, but perhaps. It is my first Volvo and I have only had her about 9 months.

Any input is greatly appreciated. And yes, I did do a search of the forum for similar issues before posting.

Thank you!

- Goat
Service light, mileage related. Has nothing to do with how your car is running. Can reset it by computer or a manual procedure(can't remember at the moment). It's pretty much on every forum for your year and model.

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/reset.shtml

Last edited by mkc70; 08-11-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, that makes sense. Guess that means that I have driven her 5000 miles since I bought her, as I am sure the lot had it reset when they serviced it. 5000 miles in 9 months, hmmm interesting.

All the links I am seeing for resetting it are for 1999 and earlier. Mine is a 2001. Is that going to be different?