Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

this is why people get killed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is why people get killed!

life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, thats what every person is trying to do. i work hard for the things i have, but i don't understand why people have to steal.

i made my way to the parking lot at 7:00am this moring to find my car like this,Name:  stolenwheels003.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  43.8 KB
Name:  stolenwheels002.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  52.9 KB
Name:  stolenwheels001.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  53.3 KB

next time they wont get a chance to get away, i'm getting some firearms legally with next new set of wheels. for now im back on the factory wheels that ihad sold already.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: this is why people get killed!

Man, that sucks! Although, if there's a bright side to the situation, at least they left it on the blocks and didn't drop the car on the rotors.

Makes me glad I have a garage! Will your insurance cover a new set of wheels? Either way, I'd put at least on, if not two wheel locks per wheel next time.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

That really sucks the big one!!!!
Should be somewhat easy to find since you painted them the way you did.
I will keep an EYE out for them.
In the mean time if you are under pressure to ship the old ones to the buyer I have a set of stock 850 Turbo rims in my garage.
They are 16's and not the best tires but your welcome to borrow till you get another set.
I might even be able to get you to paint them gray as well.(LOL)

Let me know if you need to borrow them.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:31 PM

i'm ok guys thanks for the concern, but i did have gorilla locks on them, all 5 lugs were gorrilla locks! the buyer of my factory wheels didn't send the money to me yet, so i notified him before he sent the money out. i wish i had a gararge, but if a man wants to get in , they will! no matter what you put in front of them. but like i said, if yther is a "next time" i will be prepared and i will kill if i have to. nobody will have to tell me they're sorry cause it will be too late for that. i'm a 8 year marine SGT and a war veteran. i will get son guns and protect my investments from now on. and i'll try my best to clean up the area before the detectives come. "welcome to apartment living"

yes the insurance will cover the cost of factory wheels and tires, which cost way more than the rims and tires i bought.

the alarm was armed and i heard it go off, but i wasen't sure it was my car. now i try to make the alarm go off and i can't get it to. usually if it's armed i can go into the trunk with the key and it will sound, but now it dosen't. the light still blinks though.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Administrator

The offer is still there if you need it.
Like I said I will put eyes out all over looking for them.
They don't fit all that many cars so if they are around shouldn't be that hard to find.

P.S. what Bus company was it you work for?

Old 12-21-2007, 07:37 PM

i work for MCI = motor coach industries. thanks for being there for me even though i'm very young to this volvo stuff.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Administrator

No problem anytime.

I think my brother was at your place yesterday.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, that really sucks.I would be really ticked off.

I lived in an apartment in Hawaii for awhile and used all my money to buy a $500 moped to get to school and around town. One morning I came down and the thing was gone, despite being locked to cement column that supported the building.

It's so frustrating that people do that sort of thing.

(Hope you find 'em, Tech!)

Old 12-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

That sucks man.

I would use some different wheel locks. Seems like those are popular and anyone possibly with a key to them can unlock them.

Also did you keep the key in the car? If so they just opened the door and found the key and where able to take them off with ease. I would keep the keep in the car, but take it with you whereever you go. Into the mall, work, house, etc... When your not in the car the lock key shouldn't be either.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:36 AM

the key was in the car, but get this, they only went in the car to take the parking brake off. the key was still buried under my crapin the center console. they even locked the doors back and set the alarm, how nice of them. they didn't take anything of value in the car.

the gorilla locks were keyed a certain way on the outside to get the lugs off, so they must have had some universal tool to get them off. nextime the key will be hidden and it will be a pain to get to, then again i'll be armed next time. i just hope my alarm goes off again. i can't seem to make it sound now.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Lock the car with the drivers window open then wait a minute or 2 then reach in and pull the hood release. See if it goes off.

If you want and we can find time the offer is there to help install an aftermarket alarm as well if you want to.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:50 AM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's truly easy to remove the locks..................indeed I have done it several times for friends who lost their 'key'. Simply place an oversize impact socket on the lug, hammer it on, and voila..........turn it right off.

r.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:08 AM

Wow that really does suck, and I agree the wheel locks are easier to remove. Even without the oversize socket, there are sockets designed just to remove such locks, and if there was enough room to beat the snot out of the lug with a mallet boom its off. Does Gorilla offer any kinda a re-embursment if your wheels get stolen if there locks are used?

Old 12-22-2007, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Torkk

Wow that really does suck, and I agree the wheel locks are easier to remove. Even without the oversize socket, there are sockets designed just to remove such locks, and if there was enough room to beat the snot out of the lug with a mallet boom its off. Does Gorilla offer any kinda a re-embursment if your wheels get stolen if there locks are used?

you know what, i need to look into that cause i still have the key and the hub rings. i'll check that out Torkk.

Tech, will the alarm even activate if the window is open? i don't have a keyless remote yet and sometimes the alarm won't activate if the sunroof, windows or trunkis open.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Administrator

The car doesn't have window sensors or anything.
It goes by the locks and hood latch only.
It should activate with all the windows open. But won't activate if the hood is open.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been watching your progress, liked what you did to the wheels andbreaks and am looking forward to the next modifications your doing. I believe lowering is next on your list.
This kind of thing, really can dampen your spirit.
These ******** haven't a clue about creativity or work. They could care less about what people think or feel. They would stab each other in the the back for the right price.
That said, A set of wheels are not worth a trip behind bars or worse, they wouldn't hesitate to 'bust some caps'.
Keep cool, have the local finest take care of the shootouts and only uncock the Glock if your back is against the wall.
I hope you, Tech or the police find your one of a kind wheels and the culprits get there due.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:03 PM

i understand what your saying Eric, but orlando is number 11 as far as crime goes and it's time to start letting these ******** know that there are reactions to every action.

just a month ago the same thing happened to someone else in one building over from me. cars have been stolen from here and one home invasion as far as i know. the people in this apartment complex need to start opening their eyes and make these ******** fear what may happen if they try to do this crap around here.

i live in a nice gated community, this shouldn't be happening here and thats why i moved here to get away from that.

pain is always the best teachers for these types of people and here all i have to do is be fearful of losing my life cause the car is an extension of my domicile according to florida. i'll have my conceiled weapons license and i'll have my guns to protect my property.

Tech, the alarm didn't sound when i followed your instructions, but the LED blinks like crazy when i try to make the alarm go off.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Administrator

The horn might be bad.
I can try to find one for you.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:41 AM

the corner and taillights are supposed to blink too right, they haven't been, just the LED on the dash [:@]

Old 12-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Yes the lights are supposed to as well.

Quick Reply: this is why people get killed!