Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

this is why people get killed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:44 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: this is why people get killed!

No, no, no! It is NOT the lawyers. Do you truly think that taking a human life in return for a set of wheels is the correct thing to do...............really?? Most european countries do not allow the ownership of rifles or pistols. The U.S. does..............it is a 'right'. What is not a right is to take a life when your life is not threatened. I have a couple of pistols in the house and believe me.........there is no way I would ever consider using either of them unless I felt that mine or my wife's life was in balance and then..............only if the intruder was inside my residence. Let's keep our pistols relegated to the range and not play bounty hunter. This is why we have laws to deal with both a criminal action and a tort. Let's obey the law and keep our pistols......ie: work within the law and not outside it as a lynch mob.

r.

enough said about this thread. Let's put it to bed.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Reg, I was being sarcastic. But there have been cases where a criminal will get off, while the victim pays, dueto some technicality that a lawyerdiscovers.Granted not often.
I wasn't trying to stir the pot. My apologies.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all i wanna do is protect my stuff and myself. JimKW, you know that basball bat will be as good as a football bat if the intruder has a gun. alot of these A-holes that break into houses to steal are on drugs or something and are desperate. they wouldn't hesitate to knock you, your wife and your kids off to get what they want.

don't you people watch the news?????

Old 01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is out of the Florida Firearms law.

Under Florida law, there is no "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a lawful right to be. Instead, you may stand your ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others.
Florida has mandatory sentence enhancements for any serious felony, such as murder, rape, aggravated assault, burglary or robbery, committed with a firearm.

It is unlawful to knowingly discharge a firearm in any public place, or on the right of way of any paved public road, highway or street or over any road, highway, street or occupied building, except in defense of life or property, in performance of official duties or where expressly approved for hunting.
It is unlawful to have or carry a firearm in the presence of one or more persons and exhibit the firearm in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manners, except in cases of self-defense.
It is unlawful to store or leave a firearm in any place within reach or easy access of a person less than 18 years of age.

http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/FLSL.pdf

Old 01-15-2008, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Eric J

This is out of the Florida Firearms law.

Under Florida law, there is no "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a lawful right to be. Instead, you may stand your ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others.
Florida has mandatory sentence enhancements for any serious felony, such as murder, rape, aggravated assault, burglary or robbery, committed with a firearm.

It is unlawful to knowingly discharge a firearm in any public place, or on the right of way of any paved public road, highway or street or over any road, highway, street or occupied building, except in defense of life or property, in performance of official duties or where expressly approved for hunting.
It is unlawful to have or carry a firearm in the presence of one or more persons and exhibit the firearm in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manners, except in cases of self-defense.
It is unlawful to store or leave a firearm in any place within reach or easy access of a person less than 18 years of age.

http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/FLSL.pdf

Now the question is whether property means land property or any posession.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:53 PM

i asked a police officer about this like a year ago and after my rims were stolen and they both said that your automobile is an extension of your household or dormicile <---spell check.

so, i can pull out on a bastard to protect my health and property and i can only shoot if i need to meet the level of aggression?

Reg,pleasecheck that out and let us know what this is saying and explain like you would if you were talking to a 2 yr old, so theres no confusion. legal people know the lingo and therefore can break it down better.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:58 AM
reg

property is either real or personal.............ie: your auto and your bill foldare property. What you can do in Florida with a pistol is protect that property but only if your life is in danger. So if you observe a neer-do-well removing your wheels you must inform the police to make an arrest. You cannot pull that 45 and point it at the thief. If the thief approaches you with a drawn weapon which causes you to believe that your life is in danger...........well, that is another thing. You must realize however that you do not have an automatic ticket to pass go if you pull the trigger. The courts will decide if you were threatened. Truly the best thing to do is call the police and back off. A jury could find you guilty of manslaughter and a second jury could find you negligent in a civil suit.

r.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: reg

A jury could find you guilty of manslaughter and a second jury could find you negligent in a civil suit.

r.
Especially if this thread where you talk about killing them makes it to the courtroom.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
reg

Quite frankly Jim, I wish this thread would come to an end. This is not an auto topic and quite frankly I am truly worried about this subject. I have done my best to deflect any thoughts of taking the law into one's hands.

r.