Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

this is why people get killed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: this is why people get killed!

Make sure you keep an eye on local craigslist as well as ebay. Like someone said these aren't a wheel that everyone is going to have. If they show up you should very easily be able to know they're yours. I hate that this happened. Good luck in getting them back or replaced.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

time to go bigger and better. i have been reasearching some new wheels and i know it has been asked alot, but bear with me.

i have been looking at some 18x8, 19x8.5 and 20x8.5 i really want the some 19s or 20s cause the 18's looked like 10's on this car. so i wanna fill it up a lil bit.

will they rub on stuff being 8.5" wide or 20" tall? so say it will, some say it wont, but it will be close.

i think these wheels are a +38 - +42offset.

thanks

Old 12-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

You might get by with 19's but I don't see how you could run 20 without it rubbing, unless you drive on completely smooth roads all the time.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you stiffen up the suspension a bit, it won't have as much drop.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:05 AM

20's are way too huge for the C70, not to mention the ride will be terrible. I still believe 19's are too big. The only reason your wheels looked small is because of the huge 4x4 fender gap on the stock springs. If you dropped it you'd have a different opinion, the car looks super nice with 18's and a drop.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:16 AM

yeah, your right. maybethe 18's a good look on a lowered car. i think the 18s from a distance looked like 17's. 19's would be nice, but it's hard to get tires for. i'll see what i come up with cause i might get the same wheels again and paint them red, charcoal or gold again.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:21 AM
reg

Okay, here is the worse part about the 'youth' putting large diameter wheels on their stock autos. It looks rediculous when you have tiny brake rotors and nothing to fill in behind the wheels. So what do you have?? An auto that looks like you can't afford to build the 'right way' but all your cash is in wheels.............. Ask yourself if that looks professional and gives the impression of performance. The first thing you should obtain is a large set of rotors and calipers and then go for the large diameter wheels. I believe that there is a fellow who is experimenting with Porche brakes on a Volvo...........Google it.

r.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:57 PM

i feel you Reg, just like these idiots with the 30" wheels on a 88 chevy caprice and not even the proper brakes (or a ladder) fordamn thing. but then again thats not a purpose built vehicle anyway.

i would like to have these monster brakes, but i really won't need them cause idon't have the power for them yet. i know19-20" wheels will be heavy and need bigger brakes to stop, but brakes are designed to stop the car twice as fast as it can accellerate. you can get some heavy 18" wheels, but will that warrentthe need for bigger brakes?

i'm looking into some nice 18x8 wheels and i was looking into the 320mm big brake upgrade, but i'm not sure if i have it already or not. that porsche brake upgrade is really steep at $2100 [:'(]

Old 12-26-2007, 12:22 PM
reg

Measure your rotor from the top of the hat to the edge of the rotor. If it is 2 3/4 inches then you will know that you have the larger Volvo rotors. Bear in mind however that even if you have the larger rotors, the area of brake pad is the same on both Volvo brake systems and that is inadequate if you up the performance on such a heavy automobile. You truly will need larger rotors than Volvo's 'big' ones as the 11 inchers are simply too small and you definately will need larger calipers. All in all either of the Volvo brake systems are inadequate for high performance. By the way, I would, when you up-grade the brakes, go with ATE Super Blue fluid and a set of stainless hoses fronts and rear.

r.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Default RE: Radio Code for 2000 C70 Volvo Convertible

I nee help, my battery died and my radio will not work. I purchased this vehicle in the summer and do not have the code.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: tgreg47

I nee help, my battery died and my radio will not work. I purchased this vehicle in the summer and do not have the code.
Call the dealer and give them your VIN and they can give you the code but I don't see what this has to do with the topic lol.

Panty, what I would do is go to say 1010tires.com and play with the tire calculator and see what 18 and 19 tire sizes would work (and are comparable size to the stock tire size). The 19's may not be high enough profile to give you the wheel protection you might want though........

Old 12-27-2007, 08:51 AM

Another place is 3w.tirerack.com. These people eat, drink, and sleep upsize wheels. They have charts for each vehicle showing what diameter, width, and offset for cars. I haven't, but a few people at work have used them, and they say the techs there are eery how much they know. Good luck.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:28 PM

Any update? Did the cops ever manage to catch those bastards? Or did you happen to find those on Craigslist or anything?

Old 01-07-2008, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: RedTurbo850

Any update? Did the cops ever manage to catch those bastards? Or did you happen to find those on Craigslist or anything?
well Jim, no luck and i have been looking on the web for them. so,this will require some bait

and some street justice

this is my new smith & wesson sigma 40, 14 round clips and i have 4 of them. i'm thinking about buying a twin, so these thiefing bastards will have a really bad day when i catch them.i'll be getting my conceiled weapons permit in 3 weeks.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:49 PM

LOL. They are in for a giant surprise next time. Whoa.

Just curious, how much does a piece like that cost?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:27 AM

Honestly you sound like a 5 year old. Next time you catch someone thieving something off your car pound him into the cement and call the cops. Let him enjoy paying some steep fines and sitting in a cell for a good while. IMO - you make no sense, yeah my wheels got jacked so I'm gonna shoot the next dude that tries it.

I'm surprised nobody has said anything yet. Everybody has had something they slaved for to own stolen, you live and learn to make better judgements. I use to live in a neighborhood prone to theft. To make things better I drove a Type-R. Was I stupid enough to keep it after I myself disbanded some to be thieves? Hell no.

No offense man but your thirst for vengence sounds horrible and in the long term will probably cause you great regret.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Angry Lobster

Honestly you sound like a 5 year old. Next time you catch someone thieving something off your car pound him into the cement and call the cops. Let him enjoy paying some steep fines and sitting in a cell for a good while. IMO - you make no sense, yeah my wheels got jacked so I'm gonna shoot the next dude that tries it.

I'm surprised nobody has said anything yet. Everybody has had something they slaved for to own stolen, you live and learn to make better judgements. I use to live in a neighborhood prone to theft. To make things better I drove a Type-R. Was I stupid enough to keep it after I myself disbanded some to be thieves? Hell no.

No offense man but your thirst for vengence sounds horrible and in the long term will probably cause you great regret.
Jim, i paid $360 brand new. i have a $50 rebate from S&W and they will send me 2 more 14 round clips.

as for you Lobster, it's your GOD given right to have an opinion that you think i sound like a 5 yr old and i respect you, but maybe you need to think about the people that have the nuts to steal crap off of people's cars who work an honest living.how many guys you think it takes to steal 4 rims off of someones car and leave it on blocks? atleast 3-4 ok, so 2 of them have tools to knock my *** out with, and maybe more lethal weaponsand i'd get stomped by the other 2 and yeah they still get the wheels right if they wanted them that bad or if they do get scared away, now they know where i live, what i drive and what i look like, so they cancounter whenever they like. Then let's say that they did get caught and paid some fines and jail time, what would keep them from coming back?another thing is my car is in a high traffic, lighted area and it was 11:00pm yet nobody heard the alarm or saw anything even though my car was in front of 4 apartment windows!

you keep depending on the cops and you'll keep losing your stuff. they come way too late and theyhardly everrecover your stuff. my dodge neon show & go car,that i have put alot of time and money into,was broken into 3 times and the cops did nothing. i can't replace none of thatsound system equipment mainly cause theydon't make it any more.

i work really hard for the things i have and it's dudes like you that are too scared to protect your hard earn property and you point your finger at me, an 8 year marine war veteran who knows how to handle guns and various weapon systems with responsibility, and say i sound like a 5 year old. if i would have gone out there empty handed that night i could have been killed if they wanted those wheels bad enough, i'm just making the playing field even! Orlando is #11 for crime in the country and i'm gonna protect myself and my stuff regardless of what you or anybody thinks. you sound like someone who will never have anything nice cause it might get stolen. type Rs are sweet, rarecars and you had yours raped, you must feel really good about that huh? next time do something about it and maybe these crooks will think twice or pick a softer target.

"respect a man's car and that man will respect you"- The TRANSPORTER

Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Well let me tell you this. I've lived all over CA. When I was in LA, AT WORK my pager went off notifying me that my car has been broken into. Run out to the parking lot to see a clown digging through my car and a Escalade with 5 guys in it chilling next to my car. I run up to this guy and swing at his face, by the time he composes himself him and the SUV full of cars are gone.

Here when someone is attempting to steal they DO not stick around. No smart theif sticks around when they've been caught. The potential to land in Jail is too high therefore they run. I'm talking about the 6-8 times I've personally experiences someone trying to steal stuff either my cars or a friends. You really think it takes 4 guys to put a car on bricks and make a run for it? I know of it being done by 1 or 2 people before. Who on earth would show up with a group making themselves a larger target? That's just stupid. Besides that as soon as someone even whispers in their direction they are off and running.

As for not protecting my belongings, I play my position. If a situation erupts where I can potentially prevent a theif from stealing I do what I have to do. The 2 guys trying to steal my Type-R were stopped by me. As soon as I stopped one guy the 2nd ran for the hills leaving his friend behind. He snitched to the cops, both got screwed and I got all their information. If they were even stupid enough to come back and pull anything whether it be another theft or vandalism they are already on the radar.

Yeah I feel great about 2 guys hovering over my car with unused tools while my alarm goes nuts because they didn't get a chance to touch anything. You are not speaking from experience, I owned a Yellow Type-R with less then 40k miles. I lived in LA, rice central. It is one if not THE most desirable car for the young guys living there. Keeping something nice is different from asking for something to be stolen. I was terrified to park it anywhere but in the garage and NOT drive it. Not to sound selfish or full of ego but it is compared to owning a F430 in a lower class neighborhood. Imagine a yellow sign that says STEAL ME. Not compared to a Volvo with flashy wheels. My family and I own plenty of desirable cars, they just DONT tip the theft radar to the same degree as a Type-R hence why I got rid of it. It's a really stupid car to own in a lot of areas of CA.

And as for the cops that may be true in your specific area. They are extremely responsive and cooperative here, mainly because these neighborhoods also harbor their own homes and families. They do their best to keep things clean. I had this guy with his arms and legs wrapped on the concrete waiting about 6 mins for a cruiser to arrive and take him away. He learned his lesson.

Take into consideration that a item of monetary value is never worth fatally injuring another human. Sometimes when the odds are against you sitting back and realizing it's only $ not my health at stake here is not worth shooting someone for. It's cut-throat out there I understand, but never worth killing someone over. I had some OZ superleggera, Enkei RPF1's, and some Rays Engineering wheels imported from japan all stolen. Those wheels combined are worth more then my C70, but I did not go gun-ho over it. Instead made some better decisions and switched some things around. IMO the value of your wheels that were stolen are not proportional to someones life, never-the-less proportional to even being as upset as you are.

People have things of much greater value stolen, stuff that affects their lives.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:03 PM

I think he means that by having a gun, he will not use it to shoot unless he has to. but will use it as a means of intimidation, to scare any theifs he catches. I'm not sure about the laws in FL, but I would think shooting someone if they are stealing your wheels is not a legit thing to do. Now if they come at you with a tire iron fire away.

If you see someone jacking your ****, you're not just going to watch him do it 'cause a human life is not worth more then a set of wheels, And you sure as hell cant rely on the po po to hopefully get there in time.

Enjoy the gun!

Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Shaun Oriold1

I think he means that by having a gun, he will not use it to shoot unless he has to. but will use it as a means of intimidation, to scare any theifs he catches. I'm not sure about the laws in FL, but I would think shooting someone if they are stealing your wheels is not a legit thing to do. Now if they come at you with a tire iron fire away.

If you see someone jacking your ****, you're not just going to watch him do it 'cause a human life is not worth more then a set of wheels, And you sure as hell cant rely on the po po to hopefully get there in time.

Enjoy the gun!

thanks Shaun, your getting what i'm saying.

i have respect for everybody's stuff. i have even hit rock bottom and never thought to break into people's cars or home. these thiefs don't care about their lives cause they have to think about running into guys like me who may strip them of their health or life if it came to that.

i have value of human life, but if they don't care, i don't either! in this world, it takes a wolf to catch a wolf and you sound like a wolf since you knocked off all those attempts to steal your car and your stuff. i guess i need you on my team out here but realize you did get lucky, there could have been alot ofheat in that escalade. what would have been really sweet is if you had a gun to put some "warning holes" in that truck helping them on thier way.

out here in orlando you can only shoot if you can prove your life was in danger. you cant shoot them in the back if they run, but i'll be sure to look unarmed and i'll aggravate them to come at me and put them down. i just wanna hurt them, but if they use deadly force, i'll ****** the life out of them!

and to close, there is no such thing as smart thiefs, if they was so smart they wouldn't be stealing.

Quick Reply: this is why people get killed!