Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

06 volvo s40 t5 . exhaust vvt solenoid code 0027 no power and blue smoke out exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 volvo s40 t5 . exhaust vvt solenoid code 0027 no power and blue smoke out exhaust

I recently bought a 06 s40 t5 for my wife . has a lot of miles . bought car ran awesome tons of power and on drive home started losing power big time. Did code read showed 0027 which to my understanding was exhaust vvt solenoid . I took both intake and exhaust out cleaned exhaust one intake was so well hummed in there I broke it getting it out . so cleaned hole removed old gasket and bought new one and installed . cleaned exhaust one as I was told I could do . no luck acted the same so I bought another and replaced it. It had started blowing blue smoke out the exhaust pipe. So I also replaced the oil trap and pcv hose that connects to it. The non too d hole in it had a lot of oil burnt gum so I cleaned it best I could . also it had started leaking oil rather badley looks like behind original oil trap . that's why I replaced as I read they are known for that problem. Car has no power near like it did on test drive. By looks car had sat a little while before I bought it. Does anyone have any ideas please help me . I just ordered oil pan gasket seals to take oil pan off and clean inlet from trap to pan . please anyone really need help . my email is anthonyppool@gmail.com please answer me there if not too much problem as I work on the road.like I said on test drive and first 40 Miles to my home car ran awesome then no power and all of a sudden last 5 Miles just poured oil from oil trap. Have only driven car maybe 100 Miles total. Blue smoke seems to get worse when you let off of throttle . of foot is on gas pedal don't notice it let off gas and smoke show begins. No more oil leak that I can see. Still has 0027 engine code even after changing both intake and exhaust vvt solenoids. Please
Help me