Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

2005 Volvo S40 2.4i

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 04:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2005 Volvo S40 2.4i

Hi all!

This Volvo car is my second Volvo that I owned. I really enjoy these very reliable cars too!
The first one was a standard 2005 S40 T5 and I liked it because it was manual shift. Anyways, that car got totalled, and I was told that it's lucky that I had a Volvo because it would've been way worse. At the time, an idiot didn't see my very obvious red car and hit me, which I ended up getting money from his insurance company to buy the current Volvo that I own now.

My current Volvo is an automatic 2wd sedan that I had shipped from one state to the other. I bought it mid last year and it has been a very good ride too.
But recently there has been a problem, other than annoying pathetic car thieves that keeps attempting to steal my Volvo each week since I moved to this state...
I put oil into the oil part of the engine and accidentally spilled some oil on the side. I quickly wiped it up. Being a woman, I at least checked it, but had spilled oil because I was in a rush to get out of the location.
Now it seems that there is smoke that is coming out of my 2 front vents and none of my lights are coming on at all.
I also made sure that my coolant is filled too.

Previously before there was a light smoke that came out from my gear shift area, in which I happened to find that some ________ placed kindling wood under my car's fairing under my hood. The place that I live in is known to be a somewhat nice neighborhood and very pricey too, but with junkies that prowls around and tries to harm the one's that has successful lives, is something that I now regret living in the neighborhood. I also found out that other luxury vehicles has been broken into too.

Anyways, so now there is smoke coming out of my front vents and no engine lights are going on. I also just took it to the oil change guys at Jiffy Lube and they added oil, and had asked about it. I was told that it was because I had spilled some oil on the side. I drove back home and my car still had a slight burning smell and little smoke coming from the vents, and still no service lights turned on.

I need help in finding out on what I should do.
I look forward to anyone's advice, as I have no idea.

Thanks much!

Old 10-25-2018, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 485 Likes on 466 Posts

it sounds like some of the oil went from the filler down the back side (ie towards the windshield) and dripped on the the exhaust manifold. If you look back there do you see any smoke with the hood open? when you say no engine lights come on - what happens when you turn the key to position 2?