Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

2006 s40 Lemon Aid? Any advice would be appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 s40 Lemon Aid? Any advice would be appreciated

After getting my car back from its 15K mile service from Volvo w/ a broken door panel (from the repair of binding/squeaking windows), unrepaired seat noise issues, grease all over the dash/door (from the two service campaign repairs to the a/c doors) and severe tire vibration and noise (after the reccommended 60.00 tire balance and rotation), I had had it. I first contacted Volvo customer service, and chronicled everything from day one. She was very kind, and seemed concerned about everything (especailly the fact that my car was 2 months w/ out airbag or seatbelt protection for the passenger seat). After a week and a half, I called her back and she told me that neither the dealer nor the regional rep had returned her call. I finally decided I needed the help of an attorney. A force repair order was sent. In the meantime I got a call from the service manager (he was responding to the customer service reps inquiry I had made 2 weeks prior, not the attorney) He set up an appointment for tomorrow so I can tell him everything that need to be repaired. This morning, corporate Volvo caled in response to the Attorney's letter. She told me to proceed w/ the repairs on Wed, and that I can meet the following week w/ a regional technical rep from Volvo. I am so dissapointed w/ this car. Current issues include a cracking noise in the driver's seat, driver's door panel that is cracked/hanging off, CD changer is dead, road/tire noise (almost sounds like a wheel bearing), the newly replaced passenger seat belt is locking up again, ect. Anybody dealt w/ a lemon law issue? I wish I could just trade this car in. Thought buying a brand new Volvo was a smart idea. i wish I had my old Benz back
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-11-2007, 05:15 AM
Default RE: 2006 s40 Lemon Aid? Any advice would be appreciated

bummer, how long have you had this car for?

Old 07-14-2007, 10:24 AM

Did you speak with Debbie at Vovlo NA? She is great and will get you back together.

Find another Volvo dealer, a big one, one that's been around for many years. They don't like the hit on their P&L from a stubborn repair. Call Volvo NA, tell them where you took the car.

At the dealer, drop it off for all the reasons you state. They will give you a loaner; keep it until all the problems are fixed on your car. It's also good to be able to check these items out quickly. Know what it should do if it's working properly. Remember what it did when it wasn't right.

Periodically check back with the dealer to get a pulse. Meanwhile, tell Volvo NA as each problem is resolved - like a check list.

Sure, you may make a car payment while driving a loaner, but you won't be making rental payments also. Volvo will fix all that ails that car, as long as you are patient and persistent. If you can get your car in a repair bay, and take one of their loaners, the rest is cake.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:59 PM

Hey Data!
I'm on that route right now. Volvo customer service has been ZERO help. I spoke w/ Margaret. While she was taken back and shocked by the terrible experience I have ben having with my car, she has been unable to help. Two weeks after I spoke to her, she had no respnse from either Volvo nor the purchasing dealer. I sent a certified letter to Volvo, demanding th items be repaired. Customer service got in touch w/ the service manager of my dealership, and I took the car in. I was also promised a meeting w/ a tehnical advisonr from volvo, but have heard nothing back. Most repairs were completed, but not w/ out damage being done to my 11 month old car. Replacing the defective CD changer has left my console scratched, a nick in my gearshift ****, and a scratch across the face of the radio. The repair to the seats left four greasy handprints on my grey DTek, greasy fingerprints on my console (most came off, some did not) and grease overspray on the carpets. The drivers seat still cracks, and is getting worse every day. The loose door panel was refitted, and gained a nice large dig in the panel and a deep to the metal scratch in the surrounding painted area of the door where some too was used to pry it off. at 11 months, my car looks 10 years old inside. Not fair in my book