Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

2006 s40 Lemon Aid? Any advice would be appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 s40 Lemon Aid? Any advice would be appreciated

After getting my car back from its 15K mile service from Volvo w/ a broken door panel (from the repair of binding/squeaking windows), unrepaired seat noise issues, grease all over the dash/door (from the two service campaign repairs to the a/c doors) and severe tire vibration and noise (after the reccommended 60.00 tire balance and rotation), I had had it. I first contacted Volvo customer service, and chronicled everything from day one. She was very kind, and seemed concerned about everything (especailly the fact that my car was 2 months w/ out airbag or seatbelt protection for the passenger seat). After a week and a half, I called her back and she told me that neither the dealer nor the regional rep had returned her call. I finally decided I needed the help of an attorney. A force repair order was sent. In the meantime I got a call from the service manager (he was responding to the customer service reps inquiry I had made 2 weeks prior, not the attorney) He set up an appointment for tomorrow so I can tell him everything that need to be repaired. This morning, corporate Volvo caled in response to the Attorney's letter. She told me to proceed w/ the repairs on Wed, and that I can meet the following week w/ a regional technical rep from Volvo. I am so dissapointed w/ this car. Current issues include a cracking noise in the driver's seat, driver's door panel that is cracked/hanging off, CD changer is dead, road/tire noise (almost sounds like a wheel bearing), the newly replaced passenger seat belt is locking up again, ect. Anybody dealt w/ a lemon law issue? I wish I could just trade this car in. Thought buying a brand new Volvo was a smart idea. i wish I had my old Benz back
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: 2006 s40 Lemon Aid? Any advice would be appreciated

With all those problems is it even worth it?

Just get a new car.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 s40 Lemon Aid? Any advice would be appreciated

Most of those complaints wont qualify for a car being lemon law'd you need service receipts of a failure to repair the same issue 3 times or being without the car for a certain period of time. Take the car in have them diagnose and repair the issues if they are sustained bring the car back and repeat then you have a case for lemoning the car. Almost all of those are common issues with simple repairs and should be documented at the dealer, if not try a different dealer.