Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

flexible exhaust pipe replaced and the turbo whistle sound isnt there anymore, HEEEEELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flexible exhaust pipe replaced and the turbo whistle sound isnt there anymore, HEEEEELP!!!!!!

ahhh here again, see, today i replaced the flexible pipe at an exhaust shop tht probably was their first volvo to check,(taking it to the volvo would had been much $$) the annoying sound that i used to have disappeared completely, but the turbo whistle has gone, and i was scared the guys form the shop did something bad but they insisted tht they only replaced and weld the new pipe and only tht, ohhh god since they dont know **** about volvo, they dont know what the whistle from the turbo action is about, have they misplaced the pipe and didnt let air intake for turbo?? what is it? HELP PLEASE!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: flexible exhaust pipe replaced and the turbo whistle sound isnt there anymore, HEEEEELP!!!!!!

if u are talking about the flex pipe in between the manifold and the catalytic converter... what I'm about to tell u will pissed up right off.. Volvo actually having an hidden extended warranty for it... if u go to a dealer and they found that it is defective and u are within the warranty criteria... U will get it fixed free of charge...

Old 06-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Default RE: flexible exhaust pipe replaced and the turbo whistle sound isnt there anymore, HEEEEELP!!!!!!

your exhaust flex pipe has nothing to do with the turbo spool sound that you hear...when you hear the turbo that should be coming from your intake...

Old 06-05-2008, 07:25 PM

well, i went to the volvo shop and they charged me 15$ for the diagnos...concluded the pipe and turbo were fine, the rusted and damaged pipe had a small hole the filtered air at which high pressure resulted in a whistle which i thought was the turbo cause i sounded like other turbo cars, but naah, with this model you shouldnt be hearing that, waaah what a dissapointment, now the car runs so quiet i think i am sunday driving., o h well , thnx by the way.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:47 PM

get yourself an Euro Sports Tuning ram air intake and you'll hear all the turbo you want. It won't give you much performance wise but it looks nice and gives you that sound your lookin for.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:57 PM

yehhh i'll search for that, thanx man!