Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

How to remove headlight wiper blade/issues with it.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove headlight wiper blade/issues with it.

This regards a 2004 Volvo S40. I live in Michigan, USA and we just had a horrid ice and snow storm. Well, it wasn't too horrible, but a lot of ice overcame my car. I started my car, let it heat up, and scraped as much as I could. Then, without thinking, activated the windshield wiper fluid to spray the intense ice-melting wash fluid. I noticed the passenger side wiper didn't, well, wipe. Low and behold ice formed around the blade on the lens. I got it into the garage and let the ice melt. Now, it won't work and rests a bit higher than normal (about 3/4 inch higher than the little "shelf" metal thing it lays on). I believe I hear the motor working behind it (or it could just be the driver's side). What should I do? How do I remove the blade to see the problem and reattach it to the motor? Thanks, Andrew

Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to remove headlight wiper blade/issues with it.

It's me again and notice that this post was posted not long after the first. Normally, I would just delete the old post as I solved the issue, but this might be helpful for others.

Well, I was sitting here browsing the web like a mad man with hopes of more information (again, read the first post to understand what I am talking about). I suddenly got the urge to check my car out one last time. This time, all the snow and ice had melted off and the car, for the most part, was even dry. I looked at the wiper and felt discouraged as it still wasn't sitting right and thus probably wouldn't work either. I gently tried to wiggle it down, but stopped for fear of further damage. Without thinking, and perhaps for one last spur of hope, I put the key in the ignition and turned it to the number two position. Suddenly, as the latest album of Goldfrapp started playing, the headlight wiper began to, well, wipe. It did it five times in a row (I quickly jumped out and watched) and then miraculously ended in it's correct position! I was elated! I then activated the washer fluid and, get this, both headlight wipers worked perfectly! I know, right?! Love my Volvo.

-Andrew

(Closing note)
Moral of the story...patience is a good virtue. Also, not cursing Ford for making it cheaper. I mean real, solid, make your grandmother faint cursing.

That is all.