Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Broken wiper blade

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken wiper blade

I have a broken Volvo Wiper Blades and I recently purchased one.

Can anyone tell me how to replace the wiper blades that I have or do I really need to go to a car technician to replace this?

Old 06-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Broken wiper blade

Hey gmorgan, this is a simple task. It only takes a minute or two for the single blade replacement. In order to explain it easier I will include a link to an AutoZone guide. http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm

Look at the old wiper. You have the wiper arm, and then you have the wiper blade (same as the part you bought). On the wiper blade there is a release tab that has to get pressed in while sliding the blade out of the 'hook'. It should come off easily. You're half way done. Then take out the new wiper blade and align it the same as the other blade came off. Slide the tab into the hook. Lastly, pull on it (it might click once the release tab has seated) to be sure its secure.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Broken wiper blade

ORIGINAL: 01_fast_ride

Hey gmorgan, this is a simple task. It only takes a minute or two for the single blade replacement. In order to explain it easier I will include a link to an AutoZone guide. http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm

Look at the old wiper. You have the wiper arm, and then you have the wiper blade (same as the part you bought). On the wiper blade there is a release tab that has to get pressed in while sliding the blade out of the 'hook'. It should come off easily. You're half way done. Then take out the new wiper blade and align it the same as the other blade came off. Slide the tab into the hook. Lastly, pull on it (it might click once the release tab has seated) to be sure its secure.

Thanks a lot for this information. I'll try to look on that website you gave me!