Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

No power to the drivers seat.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to the drivers seat.

Hello all,

I have a 01 S40. The powered seat stopped functioning. I checked the fuse box and the fuse is fine. Checked to see if there was any loose cables underneath burt couldn't see any. No obstruction along the tracks.

Any idea what it might be or what to check.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 03-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Administrator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RE: No power to the drivers seat.

The seat switch might have gone bad.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Default RE: No power to the drivers seat.

Thanks

I'll check on it.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Default Was it the seat switch?

What was the problem with your seat?

My V40 has a power seat that doesn't work, but the fuse is ood and the seat has power...

thanks!

Old 04-21-2020, 06:58 AM
Default No power to drivers seat

Hi I live in the uk and have a 2006 v50
i recently removed and cleaned the CEM unit as my dashboard stopped working.
disconnected battery as told before removing cables.
plugged everything back in and now I have lost all power to the electric drivers seat.
have checked the fuse and it’s fine, 12v socket in dashboard still working but nothing to the seat
anyone have any idea what to check or what the problem could be as I’ve drawn a blank

Old 08-05-2021, 02:23 AM
Red face joining the club

MY s40 2006 driver power seat has stopped working. Its been on and off for about a year, i used to press in the plastic where the switches are and it would "click" then it would work, but now nothing. No matter how hard i press it, or whichever way i wrangle it it wont move now.

I assumed it would be an obvious fix, just a broken or loose connection. Today I removed the seat, and all plug sockets. Opened the power seat module, and all the cables, plugs and sockets looks ok.
I looked for wiring diagrams online there is a website that has all the wiring diagrams for all cars (except 06 s40/v50 ofc), found one for s40 2007 i think they are the same (s40/v50 06) I just printed out the first 2 pages (how to look at wiring diagrams) and the pages for the passenger fusebox to the drivers power seat module, maybe you need to look at the cem module wiring? and also the page for all the part/curcuit numbers. TBH i dont know what im looking at. It seems the volvo *cough* ford people went colour blind when making these harnesses. Maybe its me or mine? Saying that though i am an idiot.

VIDA says its likely a break or corrosion in the ground cable if none of the switches work at all, goes into a 4 part how to on how to look for corrosion. Still non the wiser lmao Basically, check the cables doing resistance it says check the wiring diagram reference but i dunno how to look at that on there (help?), check the pins, check the cable connection to the pins, theres a tool to push the pins out, theres another tool to unclip some of the pins from inside, check the sockets, theres a tool that can plug into the sockets with another tool that checks the sockets connectivity, check the connection to the socket from the board or next cable. Theres tools to help but im sure it can mostly be done with just a meter.

I think im suppost to check the motors are getting power, somehow. And if only i could work out which wire is which and where they all go. The wiring harness for the seat all goes into a junction box - which has 7 wrapped wires coming from it, descending into the depths under the carpet, ofcourse joining another part of some other loom. I was hoping my break would be before there. With the clues i've picked up the big black cable is the ground however when i did resistance on it it was jumping from 0 to 500 odd, perhapse that was a signal wire? There should be a ground, and a power, and 3 or 5 signal cables :S sorry im an idiot.

Anyway i ****ed around randomly moving wires for an hour or so, not a schpeckle of rust or corrosion. Cleaned everything anyway and plugged it all back in and it still doesn't work even when tampering with the cables like i did before so idk.