Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

Tuning And After Market Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning And After Market Parts

She bangs... she bangs...

Ran into a minor, but costly accident on the highway.

S40 2001
-Lost rear bumper mold ? (The unit with the mouldings and lights, don't know the name)
-Engine compartments all shifted and bumped.

I must have hit something in the ditch, because my front spoiler was bent upwards and my right light pops out eradically, plus the hood doesn't close. Body work is estimated $6000, engine work needs to be done (needs to be serviced ? who knows, the light is on).

So since the volvo people know best, while i'm getting it fixed, I'm going to ask u experts whether its worth it or not for the following conversions / modifications:

-After market bumper unit vs Stock market Bumper unit
-Dual Exhaust System, more or less 2 tail gate exhaust with exhaust pipes
-Dual Turbo
-K&N Air Filter with Cold Air intake
-Add 2 more spark heads / cylinder
-Conversion to Manual
-Could it be possible to switch the engine to a new one (say, T4 engine or even the S60?) in case the current engine's really screwed ?
-Rear Sway bar to make the handling more neutral instead of being tight

Sounds extensive I know. And plus i'm just a university student. But i figured hey, this is the car i'm going to drive to its death, i might as well fix everything while i'm in it.

Old 06-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Default RE: Tuning And After Market Parts

I've got a vehicle specific site called The DDD Direcotry.
I don't actually sell parts, just assist people in finding them...my services are at no charge.

I must admit, volvo is not a heavy area of the site, but I'd love to fill it with Volvo aftermarket info, so people know what is available for their car.
Of course, they can then choose where they would like to purchase it.

Check it out:

www.TheDDDdirectory.com

300,000 pages of vehicle specific content including manufacturers, vehicle specific shops, and online parts stores.

You will also notice we have a forums section, but NOT for our own forums.
We help people find quality existing forums that specialize in their car, including volvoforums.com!

Anyways...the purpose of this post is to let you know about it and let you know I am open to ALL feedback.
This is a a free service for everyone!

Old 06-20-2006, 04:54 AM

I'll look into your DDD directory, I found a few good sites that you could add...

but hey, any pricing info on Heico Body kits and Performance parts ? The ODIN body kit is just what i need, allows the room for two exhaust pipes for the rear. But, no idea what cost is looking like, as well as the price for another tail pipe, advanced heico style...

Old 06-21-2006, 09:37 AM

If your car is damaged as much as you say, by the time you fix the car and add the mods,you would be better off buying another car.I have a 2002 S40 with a bunch of mods and first it is hard to find aftermarket stuff for th 1st gen S40 and second when you do find it, it is not cheap.Example:HEICO sport exhaust was close to $500.Also, when you try to sell or trade the car, potential buyers are folks who dont want a modded car so you have to take all the goodies off. For whatever thats worth. BJ