Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

2002 2.4 s60 are there any junkyard parts that increase power w/low pressure turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 2.4 s60 are there any junkyard parts that increase power w/low pressure turbo?

Hi I have a beater s60, not really worth fixing it completely back to a normal car. Decided to make it into something to play with go fast and have fun with. It was broke awhile back and I drove it with no exhaust and a bunch of parts missing. couldn't believe how much faster the car was, much more fun to drive. Going to copy that, I'm going to strip as much weight as I can off the car. Put a better exhaust system on it. If possible I'd like to convert it to a high pressure turbo system. Hopefully I could find a high pressure car in the junkyard and get all the parts needed to convert it. I'd like to find a better cam if possible. I do have a bigger turbo I'm thinking of using but it's not what you'd think. Would the old turbo trick of putting a bleeder valve on the car and bleeding boost near the boost senser so that the car thinks it at a smaller level of boost and increases boost when it's really much higher. Since this is a low pressure turbo I wouldn't make the boost much higher and because this is air the motor counted once I'd bleed it back into the intake so the car's air/fuel ratio doesn't change. Anyway volvo makes all different levels of horsepower I must be able to find something at a junkyard to increase horsepower fairly cheaply. thanks