Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

2005 s60r fuel problems?

Old 10-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 s60r fuel problems?

I bought this car a month ago and already a grand in parts, im hoping someone can help me here. The car was driving fine for the first 1000 miles. Then one day was driving and check engine light came on. took it to get it checked and said it was fuel pressure regulator. We reset the code and then the car woudnt start. so we towed it home and replaced the fuel pressure sensor and the car started and ran fine for the next 2 weeks. then i started smelling fuel in the car. then one day went to the store, and came out and the car wouldnt start. just cranked. towed the car again. went to dealer and they suggested fuel pump. so we replaced it. found the seal on the sending unit was leaking gas. fixed that and started the car.. but now after driving for about 10 min the car starts misfiring and stalling then dies. if i turn the car off and right back on it works fine for another 10 min or less. we replaced the coils and spark plugs and fuel filter. but what now? the thing i dont get is how the car can run really good, then stalls and all i have to do is turn the key off and right back on. i have have 2 codes pulling right now. p0087 and p0089. fuel pressure low and fuel sensor performance. help please

Old 10-02-2010, 04:24 PM

http://www.vexedvolvo.org/

Don't know if this helps but Volvo did bring in the the mid 2000 S60 into this also. My 2005 S60 is covered by this ETM recall if needed. I'm in Canada but I assume it's the same.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Default 2005 S60 Mass Air Flow Code

We replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor after having severe idle issues but continue to have problems with idle. I have researched and found that later models also have this problem. I have spoken with the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration and filed a complaint with them. They will investigate for a recall of the Mass Air Flow sensor and are eager to hear about related concerns. They are accumulation information pertinent to the complaint from other 2005 Volvo owners. Please contact them for filing a complaint if this is happening to you. It only took a few minutes of my time and they were very professional. This is the contact info. NHTSA Contact Information | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

Old 10-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by kimspringer
We replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor after having severe idle issues but continue to have problems with idle. I have researched and found that later models also have this problem. I have spoken with the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration and filed a complaint with them. They will investigate for a recall of the Mass Air Flow sensor and are eager to hear about related concerns. They are accumulation information pertinent to the complaint from other 2005 Volvo owners. Please contact them for filing a complaint if this is happening to you. It only took a few minutes of my time and they were very professional. This is the contact info. NHTSA Contact Information | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
So you replaced the MAF and still have problems? And you think a recall will be issued because of that? Good luck.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How sure are you that the mass air flow sensor was the problem? Just because you get a code that said the mass air flow sensor is bad doesn't exactly mean that it's the problem. There are multiple things that would cause a mass air flow sensor code. You either have a leak in your intake system or more than likely your PCV system is plugged.

Old 07-17-2022, 04:03 AM
Default S60R cutting out

Originally Posted by jordankunz
I bought this car a month ago and already a grand in parts, im hoping someone can help me here. The car was driving fine for the first 1000 miles. Then one day was driving and check engine light came on. took it to get it checked and said it was fuel pressure regulator. We reset the code and then the car woudnt start. so we towed it home and replaced the fuel pressure sensor and the car started and ran fine for the next 2 weeks. then i started smelling fuel in the car. then one day went to the store, and came out and the car wouldnt start. just cranked. towed the car again. went to dealer and they suggested fuel pump. so we replaced it. found the seal on the sending unit was leaking gas. fixed that and started the car.. but now after driving for about 10 min the car starts misfiring and stalling then dies. if i turn the car off and right back on it works fine for another 10 min or less. we replaced the coils and spark plugs and fuel filter. but what now? the thing i dont get is how the car can run really good, then stalls and all i have to do is turn the key off and right back on. i have have 2 codes pulling right now. p0087 and p0089. fuel pressure low and fuel sensor performance. help please
hi, I know it’s an old post but we have exactly the same after replacing the pump, did you find a solution?

Old 04-22-2023, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by kevstrong
hi, I know it’s an old post but we have exactly the same after replacing the pump, did you find a solution?
I have the same problem, did you find a solution?