Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

central locking issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central locking issues

Hi everyone....im working on a 2002 s60 2.4t, with a couple issues, first the locking system, when i received the car for repairs both passenger side lockes would not operate at all...either keyfob or just using the door switch on either door. So i did a search and even talked to a volvo dealership and they said replace both passenger door latch/lock assemblies. So i did and and now still nothing, but i do see alil improvement, in that they do make a faint noise now like they are tryin to work. What i do know is both driver and passenger door switches lock and unlock both driver doors, so i do feel like the door control modules r operating as they should, all windows work fine. Could the door modules be bad? Is ther a way to check them? Does anyone have a schematic for the lock system? I just dont know. Please help me on this. Do the new latch/lock assemblies need to be reprogrammed or anything? Let me know. Also now just sitting i noticed today when i started the car i get an abs/brake system failure message on dash and that wasnt an issue at all before....the car has not been driven in a few weeks.... can sitting just cause the abs system to go bad? I am thinking the battery tho is an issue with that and please let me know if low voltage maybe could be causing the abs issue. I apologize for such a long post but i wanted to explain in detail the best i could. I do appreciate everyones help alot.

Last edited by tarheelbill; 10-02-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 10-03-2010, 10:45 AM

I don't know these cars at all, so please feel free to

What you described sounds like you have a voltage issue in general.
a. ABS module or anything should not go bad from just sitting unless it's the voltage issues
b. voltage fluctuation/reduction could be result of bad ground not just +12 supply. The fact that you say locks would not operate on one side makes me wonder if there's the same ground wire/connection for both.

1. Try finding a wiring diagram and check if that is the case.
2. Measure the voltage on the actuator as it is engaged and see if it's a lot less than 12V. If it is the case try to supply a good ground to it first and see what happens.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 PM

hi mik and ty for responding and i apologize for taking so long to respond.....i will definitely change battery for sure...its the original from 2002...amazing...lol...but the lock issues r just plain crazy....i mean why would the switch on the passenger doors operate the drivers side fine and not operate the passenger side....i mean i can hear a faint grunting noise liek they r trying to work. It shows im getting 12 volts but not sure if it has voltage drop or not. Ill check for sure. DOes anyone have a wiring schematic for the central locking system please let me know. I do appreciate everyones help so far and will keep u posted.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:09 AM

I think you can download VADIS from torrent site, i did - unfortunately it does not open for me so I just have to figure out how to make it work. VADIS should have all the diagrams and schematics. Can you please explain it again in more details how does it go? The passenger switch operates the drivers door fine? Are you moving the switch from place to place or am I missing something? anyway search for VADIS you'll find the download link. Good luck