Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Chassis Control Settings and Anti Skid control

Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chassis Control Settings and Anti Skid control

Hey there,

bean a while....how's things?

Picked up a 2006 S60R. Love it...despite a small list of issues. I've got an 'Anti-Skid Temporarily Off' upon turning the ignition which after driving/turning turns into an 'Anit-skid Service Required' and is accompanied by a 'Chassis Settings Temporarily Off.'

Codes: BCM 0095/0109 DEM 0006 SAS 070/00E

All that to say; I'm not looking forward to replacing the contact reel for $935 (which also includes a software update...not bad...I won't complain...except that I know for a fact my dealership isn't paying for the VIDAS machine anymore, lol). I really hope that fixes the issue...and I really wish it were something I could do myself. But I've been given to understand that while the mechanical calibration of the unit is straight forward enough, the electrical calibration requires a scanner....boo.

So why am I posting? I want to hear some success stories! I see too many threads on this issue that never get resolved...I want to see a light at the end of the tunnel! I know a few of you guys have had this issue...does a software upgrade and new clockspring really work? So far as I can tell, my AWD still works (so I'm not entirely sure where the DEM0009 code is coming from...hopefully just an interuption of signal issue?) I don't really miss the chassis settings or anti-skid....but...........safety first.

Here's another issue. I've got a weird vibration. Consistent at 40-55 mph and presents like slightly warped rotor except it doesn't happen when I brake. Can't tell if it's from the front or rear (or the middle) but on those very rare occasions where I'm actually able to change my chassis setting, the vibration gets significantly worse on sport. I don't think it's related to the other problems...I think it's just more noticeable with a stiffer suspension configuration.

I just had the rims checked, they're true. I've got brand new balanced tires and verified that they too are true. I've replaced the front pads and rotors and I've got new rear pads and rotors on order...and e-brake shoes too.

Anyone? I've read cases where the rear wheels lock up due to bad ebrake shoes...maybe the ebrake drums are warped? I've also read about bad hubs...something about how they weren't machined properly and the wheels don't seat correctly? Then there's the DEM code....might this be drive train related?