Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Climate control not working after battery replaced

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well. I tried last night to get my original working and No Luck. I tried multiple efforts. Held the wires together, started car....Nothing...Soldered them...nothing!!!. My CCM most be completely bad?... Oh well. thanks everyone..I will be ordering a used "working" CCM on line and try again.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:51 PM
Default Fixed it !!! your a genius

Same thing happened to me, battery went flat & jump started the car (2001 v70 T5) I lost all the climate control,fan, electric mirrors, heated seats, courtesy lights, remote locking, I got a replacement off eBay but the part number was slightly different, the heater worked but had all sorts of electrical gremlins, after reading the thread I thought it was worth a try....I took the themister off the eBay purchase & fitted to my old dead unit, it burst into life & everything worked perfect & all the gremlins disappeared (so far) so all in all very happy indeed, the local Volvo dealer said on that age of car it would be cheaper to scrap it that fit a new unit, it's unbelievable that that tiny bit can cause so many problems, thanks again

Old 05-17-2016, 06:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you do software reload at the dealer they load an updated firmware. It has this bug (torn thermister) fixed. So CCM can work fine after battery flat.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:51 PM

I need to help with my ac

Old 11-27-2016, 12:46 PM

Please tell me how to do this!

Originally Posted by TXS60T5
Ok...I can now say that I am the CCM expert. After weeks of researching and trying different things, today, I achieved success. My CCM is alive, all functions are normal, and everything is working including the shift lever lights.

First, to recap what I tried (This is only for those that will find this thread when they find themselves in the same situation - and Im sure there will be many because this CCM is a piece of S#i+.)

I tried to unhook battery, touch two together to reset modules and that did not work.
I also left the battery unhooked for several days to make sure that I could reset modules- also did not work.
Someone had luck "jump starting" the battery to send a spike and that seems to wake up the CCM. I tried this a few times too - no go.
I also tried to take CCM out and thereby cutting off its source of power, and then reconnect to see if I could reset it that way - no go.
Most of you at this point would have said its your CCM - you have to replace with a new one 1200, or get a used one 40-50 dollars, and then pay Volvo to reload software (120-130). I said, NO WAY!.

I remembered a post by a guy that had managed to jump the CCM at the thermistor and had revived a dead CCM. I figured, why not? Well, it worked! It worked, and it is seems to be a permanent fix. I went ahead and ordered a CCM I found cheap on ebay (30 bucks) and figured I would just replace the thermistor since it seems this is the faulty part that shuts the CCM down.

Anyway, if you are reading this and have any questions, msg me and I can help you get your AC, head rests, STC, and Valet functions going again, for 0 dollars. I used a piece of wire that I had left over from my other shenanigans, so it did not cost me anything more than my time. Taking CCM off is easy, and this whole process could probably be done in less than an hour.

One word of caution: Disconnect battery when connecting or disconnecting the CCM. Otherwise it will turn on airbag light...I did follow my own advice, but because I was experimenting with different ways to wake the CCM before I jumped the thermistor, I knew it was going to set it off but figured I would rather have AC and a annoying light, than no light and no AC. You can avoid setting off light if you do it the right way.

Thanks for everyone's help. My hope is that others will have an easier time learning from my trials and tribulations.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Default Volvo XC-90 AC fan blower

I recently bought a used Volvo XC90 2004 and it had a host of issues. Most were outside and cosmetic, which were rectified easily.

One of the issues that was on the inside is the fan blower running even after the engine is turned off.

Here were a couple of things I tried:

1. Removing the fuse and replacing it- this did not work, but the fan kust kept running. When I took the fuse out however, it was hot, which is an indication that something was shorting out.

2. The fan speed was not responding to the CCM controls. That is the fan was on high all the time and I could not turn it off.

3. I tried adding a toggle switch to the fan blower, but apparently, the system is very sensitive so that did not work

4. I bought a used CCM from ebay and replaced that, but that did not work either. The problem persisted.

5. I read finally a forum about the fan blower resistor from a mechanic who posted online and in his explanation he said that the reason the fan blows at one constant speed is that the fan blower resistor is bad.

I tried that and after some long hours of removing the fan blower and replacing the resistor, the system was functioning like new again.

If anyone has any questions please do message me and perhaps I can give some help.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 PM

Ok...I can now say that I am the CCM expert. After weeks of researching and trying different things, today, I achieved success. My CCM is alive, all functions are normal, and everything is working including the shift lever lights.

First, to recap what I tried (This is only for those that will find this thread when they find themselves in the same situation - and Im sure there will be many because this CCM is a piece of S#i+.)

I tried to unhook battery, touch two together to reset modules and that did not work.
I also left the battery unhooked for several days to make sure that I could reset modules- also did not work.
Someone had luck "jump starting" the battery to send a spike and that seems to wake up the CCM. I tried this a few times too - no go.
I also tried to take CCM out and thereby cutting off its source of power, and then reconnect to see if I could reset it that way - no go.
Most of you at this point would have said its your CCM - you have to replace with a new one 1200, or get a used one 40-50 dollars, and then pay Volvo to reload software (120-130). I said, NO WAY!.

I remembered a post by a guy that had managed to jump the CCM at the thermistor and had revived a dead CCM. I figured, why not? Well, it worked! It worked, and it is seems to be a permanent fix. I went ahead and ordered a CCM I found cheap on ebay (30 bucks) and figured I would just replace the thermistor since it seems this is the faulty part that shuts the CCM down.

Anyway, if you are reading this and have any questions, msg me and I can help you get your AC, head rests, STC, and Valet functions going again, for 0 dollars. I used a piece of wire that I had left over from my other shenanigans, so it did not cost me anything more than my time. Taking CCM off is easy, and this whole process could probably be done in less than an hour.

One word of caution: Disconnect battery when connecting or disconnecting the CCM. Otherwise it will turn on airbag light...I did follow my own advice, but because I was experimenting with different ways to wake the CCM before I jumped the thermistor, I knew it was going to set it off but figured I would rather have AC and a annoying light, than no light and no AC. You can avoid setting off light if you do it the right way.

Thanks for everyone's help. My hope is that others will have an easier time learning from my trials and tribulations.
ccm I need to know how to do this

Old 08-25-2019, 05:04 PM
Default S40 CCM dead

Can you tell me a little bit more about " jump the CCM at the thermistor" ?

Thanks,

Steve

Old 12-31-2019, 11:13 AM

I thought he was pretty clear although I'm still having CCM issues also.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:28 AM
Default Climate Control

Originally Posted by svo lou
I thought he was pretty clear although I'm still having CCM issues also.
My problem wound up being the "Infotainment Relay Switch" which was replaced.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:25 AM
Default My car just did the same

My car has the same as yours before I ruine . Something else wanted to ask you where did you jump.the wire.from to get things working. And thanks for the information is helpful
Thanks

Old 03-09-2021, 12:04 PM
Default Could you help me do these steps

i would like to get help on these steps the dealer did say they dead to jump the xc90 so right after the ax control stopped working , driver window control stopped , sunroof stopped also but everything else functions normally