Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Computer resetting after changing battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Computer resetting after changing battery

So im a proud owner of a 2006 s60 2.5t, just about 71,000 on tha clock. I had tranny issues at 60,000. Didnt fix tranny at dealer due to the $7,000 they wanted, went to a indy tranny shop. Recently took the car in for a coolant leak and the dealer told me i still had codes in the tranny and it was not fixed correctly. When they replaced my radiator my battery was also low so they changed that. Now that i have the car back there is no codes being they changed the battery. Im kinda in a dilemma i only have 1,500 more miles in warranty with the tranny shop and no codes besides the printout from the dealer. Took it back to the tranny shop he scanned it and nothing.. How many miles do you usually have to drive for everything to reset and the codes to come back if there are any. Ps. Before going to the dealer i had no error message or engine lights on for a tranny code and it shifts great.. Just dont wanna get out of warranty then all the lights come back.. A wee bit confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ALSO THE CODE I GOT FROM THE DEALER WAS TCM-002E LOCK UP FUNCTION?

Last edited by Koondaddy; 12-26-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know if the other shop reset the codes? If there is no fault now it's not going to post a code.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by damien360
Do you know if the other shop reset the codes? If there is no fault now it's not going to post a code.
I'm not positive if they reset it. But also when I go from park to drive I have a decent kickback almost like a clunk. I've done a lot of research and that seems to be the beginning of a valve body failing. So if they didn't replace all the solenoids I'm guessing that would be my issue. I'm just at a loss and have already put a lot of time and $$ Into this car but I love it. Bought a extended warranty and they saved me life.! I just can't imagine it failing again after the warranty already dished out 3,600 for the tranny repair already. I'm gunna take it back to the tranny shop but the guy says with no codes he can't do anything which seems soo convienent since I'm almost outta my warranty from his shop.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Put yourself in the guys shoes at the shop. No evidence of an issue why should he do anything? Once it is past the warranty I would highly recommend switching the fluid to Valvoline Maxlife. I have run it extensively and it seems as if it has straightened out minor issues like the one you are describing. Mine had brand new fluid in it when I bought it, but it started the clunking into gear within a couple of weeks. I switched it to the Max Life fluid and the issue is gone. It also greatly reduced a flared 2-3 shift in my '02.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by pkrface
Put yourself in the guys shoes at the shop. No evidence of an issue why should he do anything? Once it is past the warranty I would highly recommend switching the fluid to Valvoline Maxlife. I have run it extensively and it seems as if it has straightened out minor issues like the one you are describing. Mine had brand new fluid in it when I bought it, but it started the clunking into gear within a couple of weeks. I switched it to the Max Life fluid and the issue is gone. It also greatly reduced a flared 2-3 shift in my '02.
I understand what you are saying but I have the print out of the code from the Volvo dealership well before the warranty ends. Just due to my battery be replaced and I think they also reset my computers after my radiator repair.
Also I've read if u have a coolant leak sometimes it can get inside the tranny and mix with the fluid? Anyway I went right away as soon as I noticed wet spots under my right front end when I'd head to work in the morning also while parked at work. Only leaked for maybe 4-5 days before I took it into the stealership. Bottom line I just don't want any problems I've been thru enough lol also changing the fluid soo soon tho it's only been 10,000 miles since they fixed it.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I can't tell you how many times I have recommended a trans only to have the customer take it elsewhere to be rebuilt and then return later with a trans that shifts worse than before, is leaking all over or is otherwise hacked up. I don't know how trans shops like that stay in business. But hey, they saved money right?

Old 12-26-2015, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by ES6T
I can't tell you how many times I have recommended a trans only to have the customer take it elsewhere to be rebuilt and then return later with a trans that shifts worse than before, is leaking all over or is otherwise hacked up. I don't know how trans shops like that stay in business. But hey, they saved money right?
So I take it you are a Volvo certified tech.? No disrespect just asking. Also I bought it with an extended warranty 4/48,000 miles and they denied the dealership cause they wanted 7,000. It shifts great and rips hard via the polestar upgrade. No delays or harsh shifts. and the leak was not in the tranny the radiator was bad. I got it used and didn't get it checked before I bought it I fell in love with the fully loaded luxury and in damn near mint condition body and interior I was fooled. and I abuse my car for the fun and passion to drive. With that said I'm ready and willing to spend the $ for maint/ repairs not covered in my warranty. They have stepped up tho I must say after being denied when the tranny issue started. I went to shop a friend/co worked recc. Idk if I made the right choice but hey I'm already done and over with so I'm just hoping he won't **** me and just fix it right.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Yes I am.

Some extended warranties are better than others. Getting them to cover a trans is usually hard. At the dealer, we don't have many options. We don't rebuild them because it isn't cost effective and there is too much risk.