Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front passenger window and door lock: electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front passenger window and door lock: electrical problems

For a while now I have been having trouble with the front passenger window and door lock on an '02 S60 and I'm wondering if someone can identify the culprit.

Here are the symptoms:

1.) The front passenger window won't go up! Occasionally, I have noticed it won't go down either, but I try not to mess with it since I don't want it stuck down at the most inopportune moment. To get it to go up the first time, an old Jedi master mechanic at the Volvo dealer sat in the car turned the key and got it to go up like nothing was wrong at all, whereas neither I nor the service manager could get it to go up after trying everything. We looked like fools. Don't know what the mechanic did something special or if it was pure luck. Since it went up, I drove away happy, but it is not fixed. I avoided that window, but eventually I forgot and put it down and it would not go up again. This time I tried everything, and tried a few new things I read: manually locking and unlocking the door a bunch of times, turning the key to all kinds of positions, letting the car sit, etc. Finally, it worked after I pulled the fuse and put it back. The window went up and I am not messing with it again! But I need to fix this as this is a BIG problem!

And I wonder if it might somehow be related to the following:

2.) Unlocking the vehicle from the car's switch or remote unlocks all the doors every time, however locking the vehicle from the car switches or remote only sometimes works for the front passenger door. Most of the time, I have to manually lock the front passenger door. A problem but not a big one as long as I lock it manually. I can live with that.

3.) For a long while now, the puddle light on the front passenger mirror will stay on while driving and stay on for a long period of time after I lock the car and leave it. It eventually turns off and is always off when I return to the car, but the driver's side mirror does not do this at all (although that might be because the driver's side bulb is burnt). It doesn't seem that the passenger side should stay on while driving or long after I turn off the car, but it doesn't bother me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having some of the like problems, can lock or unlock the front doors and wind the windows up or down,. these are intermittent also the outside temp not displaying like the radio and the ventilation controls. any suggestion