Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Intermittent Start -Clicking Noise- Clock Reset New volvo owner Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Start -Clicking Noise- Clock Reset New volvo owner Please help!

I recently purchased a used 2001 Volvo S60...

So far in the past two weeks I've had an issue where the car will not start, clicking noise, lights will still come on but it won't turn over. The first time I ended up jumping the car and it started, but immediately afterwards the sun roof wouldn't work and the vanity lights (sun visor lights) would not come on.

Yesterday, same issue.. car was running fine, went to a drive through, sat and ate listening to the radio for about 15 minutes, went to start the car and got the clicking noise, tried 3 more times to start the car if finally started. The sun roof was stuck open and the vanity lights were not working.

I'm not getting any low voltage messages.. and I checked all fuses near the drivers side with a fuse tester, all were good. About 2 hours later after trying and trying the sun roof finally closed and the vanity lights worked. I did read the post on here about using the remote/lock and I had been doing that. Not sure if thats what fixed that issue.. but why would the car not start? What could I check?

Oh.. another question.. there was a "computer" looking box that fell from under the steering wheel near the brake/gas pedals. What is this to? and How can it be properly secured so that it doesn't fall back down?

Thanks a million you guys..

Old 10-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Intermittent Start -Clicking Noise- Clock Reset New volvo owner Please help!

Sounds liek the battery is weak.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Intermittent Start -Clicking Noise- Clock Reset New volvo owner Please help!

cause and effect; these are two seperate isssues one (no crank)causing the other (sun roof/vanity lights).
to fix the (sunroof/vanity)= cycle the key in the door locktwice, slowly making sureall 4 doors lock-unlock-lock-unlock. Then trythe sunroof/vanity lights.
Most likely cause of the no crank, battery.