Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I've just collected my S60, finally!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've just collected my S60, finally!

Hi People,

I picked up my S60, T5 yesterday from the dealers, and i've a couple of points/comments.

The car i traded in was a 3.0 S type jaguar, and i have to say the S60 is proving to be a far better car (and that's after only 24 hours!) The ride is some what firmer than the jaguar, and it's taking me a little lomger than i expected to get used to using a clutch/gears again I'm taking it easy with the engine for the first 1,000 miles or so (my choice) and i guess that's good for me as on more than one occasion i've changed up from 5th, right into 4th!! [sm=sigh.gif]

Even with taking it easy, i can tell that this car is going to imense fun to drive... But, one thing is bugging me... those crazy lights!!

I turn the ignition on, and i have dipped lights, so i have to change to side lights, and it's far, far to easy to forget them and leave those switched on when leaving the car...

I could live with side lights on with the ignition being switched on (they'd then go off when i switched the ignition off, i'd assume) but why oh why go straight to dipped lights?!?!? So, my question is, how do i either change to side lights only, or, just to what the light switch shows, i.e. OFF when OFF, no matter what time of day it is!

Old 10-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Default RE: I've just collected my S60, finally!

Welcome to the forum and congradulations on your new S60.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Andy730
Even with taking it easy, i can tell that this car is going to imense fun to drive... But, one thing is bugging me... those crazy lights!!

I turn the ignition on, and i have dipped lights, so i have to change to side lights, and it's far, far to easy to forget them and leave those switched on when leaving the car...

I could live with side lights on with the ignition being switched on (they'd then go off when i switched the ignition off, i'd assume) but why oh why go straight to dipped lights?!?!? So, my question is, how do i either change to side lights only, or, just to what the light switch shows, i.e. OFF when OFF, no matter what time of day it is!

I hate to sound dumb, but I guess dipped lights are the DRL's?

I do agree, why no chime when the parking lights are left on?

If it bothers u that much, u might just want to take the headlight DRL's out. But a dealer might put new ones in and charge u if u took it in for service. And remember, no matter what setting the headlights are on, the tailights are on all the time.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:53 AM

I've just collect mine about a month ago and have been enjoying it.

Noticed some lag if I were to compare with my other car 854T5 with 16T turbine but overall it is a nice car.

So far already been thinkin to upgrade the suspension coz it 'floats' especially during high-speed. Fastest I've taken it for a ride was at 250KM/hour and surprise that actually it wat not that easy for a 'standard' S60T5 to reach even 240km/hour.

Anyhting I should explore to increase the power a little bit. Bigger intercooler? Better air filter e.g K&N? Bigger exhaust pipe? ?????