Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Sensus Connect Frozen

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:36 AM
rss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sensus Connect Frozen

On my one year old V60 2015.5, one day the Sensus Connect system simply froze--the screen is stuck, tuned to my favorite FM station, but with no sound. The system responds to no controls, radio, media and navigation do not work, and the signals from the cross-traffic alarm system are muted (although the system still works and displays obstacles and approaching cars or pedestrians on the graphic display). The dealer says I should come in for a software upgrade, which I will do, but I find it disconcerting that a significant safety feature can simply fail on account of a software bug.

Is this a common problem?

Old 11-03-2015, 09:27 AM

IMHO it's not common, other than it's an electronic system and like your PC might just need a reset.

It's concerning that a NEW car doesn't have the latest update.

It's a bit of effort on your part, but I'd disconnect the battery. count to 20. Reconnect the battery.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:52 AM
rss
Default Battery, or Fuse?

Thank you-- I was wondering how to reset the system. You're right: it's a computer problem and like most computer problems may be resolved by rebooting. I can achieve that by locating and pulling the right fuse, correctr? (a simpler procedure than disconnecting the battery).

Yes, it's concerning that software should fail, particularly since software controls much else in the car too: cruise control, automatic braking and more.

thanks again for the idea.

RSS

Old 11-04-2015, 10:04 AM
rss
Default No success

As Phil suggested, I disconnected the battery for several minutes, shutting down all electrical systems, or so I thought. I then reconnected the battery, and then found that Sensus Connect was still frozen, at exactly the same screen. It seems that the system retains its status in its memory even when the entire electrical system is shut down.

Is there no way to reset the Sensus Connect system, as there otherwise would be on any computer?

Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 AM

Sometimes a "fuse removed" doesn't change the memory of the electronic device.
there are so many computers that "talk" to each other and you have to bring the brain down.

I had a newer motorcycle that "the reset" at the dealer was disconnect the battery and connect the negative motorcycles lead to ground (a building?) for 8 seconds.

Like the Direct TV satellite reset (which is about monthly) to disconnect from power for 30 seconds. Something about discharge from the DVR. Can't get info if it's the ROM or the Hard drive. But 10 seconds wouldn't fix it when I tried before calling tech support.

Computers are ruling the world.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by rss
On my one year old V60 2015.5, one day the Sensus Connect system simply froze--the screen is stuck, tuned to my favorite FM station, but with no sound. The system responds to no controls, radio, media and navigation do not work, and the signals from the cross-traffic alarm system are muted (although the system still works and displays obstacles and approaching cars or pedestrians on the graphic display). The dealer says I should come in for a software upgrade, which I will do, but I find it disconcerting that a significant safety feature can simply fail on account of a software bug.

Hi,
Currently facing the same exact problem on the XC70 and wondering if you know what the solution is.

Thanks

Old 12-07-2017, 09:50 AM

With a V60 you hold the volume button to shut it down completely. The hit it again to turn it on. If you do a simple hit of the volume button it puts it on mute and may do more. Did you try to press the volume and hold the button until it completely turns off?

Old 12-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by tomc1965
With a V60 you hold the volume button to shut it down completely. The hit it again to turn it on. If you do a simple hit of the volume button it puts it on mute and may do more. Did you try to press the volume and hold the button until it completely turns off?
Yes i did, i even went as far as replacing two fuses under glove compartment box but to no success

Old 12-19-2019, 01:14 PM

Just an FYI, My sensus would not turn on at all (screen blank) and I disconnected the battery for a full minute, and it has reset the system and it works again. It is very cold out today (-20C) (The battery needed to be jumped) and that may have been the cause of the problem.

Old 03-11-2020, 10:39 AM
Default Infotainment system auto rebooting or freezing

Is this a problem with the Sensus connect software? The past two days my S60 /infotainment system has been freezing or rebooting automatically. It does it while driving and while in engine mode II. Did disconnecting the battery a few minutes work? Thanks for any replies and feedback!

Old 03-12-2020, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mom2boys
Is this a problem with the Sensus connect software? The past two days my S60 /infotainment system has been freezing or rebooting automatically. It does it while driving and while in engine mode II. Did disconnecting the battery a few minutes work? Thanks for any replies and feedback!
There was an issue caused by a Sirius radio broadcast causing this in P3 vehicles the past two days. It has been resolved.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:20 PM

We have a 2016 Volvo S60 T5 Inscription that experienced the same issue where the top buttons were deactivated. Unplugged the battery for 2-3 mins and everything went back to normal.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by rss
On my one year old V60 2015.5, one day the Sensus Connect system simply froze--the screen is stuck, tuned to my favorite FM station, but with no sound. The system responds to no controls, radio, media and navigation do not work, and theyourignals from the cross-traffic alarm system are muted (although the system still works and displays obstacles and approaching cars or pedestrians on the graphic display). The dealer says I should come in for a software upgrade, which I will do, but I find it disconcerting that a significant safety feature can simply fail on account of a software bug.

just happened to my 2017 s60 what was the solution to yours? was it just a software upgrade?

Old 03-01-2023, 12:50 AM

Hi rss,

did you manage to resolve this? I am having the same issue with my XC60 2016 model. I have no idea what to do and any help would be extremely appreciated!

Kind Regards

Dasheek