Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

"You have 1 vehicle message" - How to read it

Old 08-03-2015, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "You have 1 vehicle message" - How to read it

Hello,

I hope that I opened this topic in the right area.

I am a proud owner of an Volvo S60 D3 from 2013, which I have bought just 3 weeks ago. I am very happy with it

But the last two days I get on my dashboard the following message: "You have 1 vehicle message". The problem is that I cannot figure it out how can I read this method.

I have clicked on the info button from the signal stick but it gets me to the computer menu (where I have the fuel consumption average, average speed and so on) but it doesn't show me the message. I have also checked the oil level and it is fine, so simply I cannot figure it out from where the message is.

Can you please give me some tips on how should I read this message ? because if it is an issue, my car is still in warranty from the dealer so I can claim to fix it on their expense.

I have to mention that the message is not all the time present. If after I get the message I stop the engine and than restart it, the message is gone.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Mihai

Old 08-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Default Unread message

I have an 02 s60 and on the left lever (for blinkers) there's a button on the tip that you press. Hope this helped!

Last edited by JosueCuellar; 08-12-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:06 PM

You should be looking for a button marked "READ"

it should be on the end of the blinker stalk i think, a newer S60 owner might want to confirm that.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:33 PM

Hi, new to this forum, and first time Volvo owner.I am in Canada and have a 2015 XC70 T6 AWD. I realize this is not the right spot, but could not find a blog for my particular car.
on my dash display I have a "i" symbol and in brackets (1) message. how do I read this message ?
I have scrolled through, pushed reset, and still cannot access or read it.
I do have a problem with one of the micro switches on the hood latch, the display showed the hood was not shut, the dealer bridged the switch, the warning on the dash is gone. till he gets the part in stock.
from what I can gather, this "i" means there is a issue with one of the openings, doors,hood, rear hatch etc.
I have no other red warning lights, could this message be to do with that ?
I don't see the dealer for a week, I spoke to them, and they didn't give me an explanation and said not to worry about it, the car is under warranty
any how long story short ! can I see this message ?
I need my grandson to help me with most of the functions on this car !

thanks for any help, Mike, in Canada

Last edited by veinge43juli; 12-07-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by blagniceanu.mihai
But the last two days I get on my dashboard the following message: "You have 1 vehicle message". The problem is that I cannot figure it out how can I read this method.
I have this vague recollection that you can read them from the "My Car" menu.