Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

more psi?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more psi?

hey im new to the volvo forums and a new owner of a 2000 s70 glt. I've got a lot to learn about volvos but im already a huge fan. I was wondering if there was any way i could get more psi out of the stock low pressure turbo? also can i put a blow off valve on the stock turbo? i want to be able to hear it.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Default RE: more psi?

yea you will need a manual boost controller

Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: samadkins29

yea you will need a manual boost controller
NO

1. He is a 2000 which means ME7. Meaning that ME7 doesn't like MBC's. He can try but personally I wouldn't.

2. Yes he can raise the PSI in his Volvo. Purchase an ECU upgrade. You will be very pleased with it and the results.

3. Yes you can put a BOV on your car. However if you are Automatic you will only hear it go off when you let off the gas, of course if your manual you will hear it between shifts.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:42 PM

alright. what is the worst that can happen if i install a boost controller? i would like to get between 10-12 psi off the stock turbo. i am planing on buying a boost gauge and a blow off valve. whats the best kit for a bov for my car and where can i get one? also how do i go about upgrading my ecu? thanks for all the help. actually one last question. will the r.i.p. kit with bov from volvo motorsports fit my car? http://www.volvomotorsports.com/cata...roducts_id=129

Old 04-23-2008, 07:22 AM

I suggest getting an HKS SSQV and or a TIAL BOV.

Get an Aluminum flange and have it welded to your Upper Intercooler Pipe the one that goes over the engine.

Or buy the SAMCO BOV and SAMCO turbo hose from Viva Performance.

Do not buy anything for VolvoMotorSport. The link you gave for them wont work with your car. That is for 850's and 70 series up till 1998.

Yes an ECU upgrade will net you 10-12 PSI. I am running a SpeedTuning USA ECU upgrade with 15PSI on my LPT engine. 15PSI is the max you want to run on a small turbo, LPT engine.

IPD USA
RICA (Viva Performance sells this)
BSR (EuroSportTuning sells this)
SpeedTuning USA
Inmotion
Upsolute

Look into those companies for ECU upgrades. The best are IPD USA, RICA and BSR.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:50 AM

which is easier? samco bov and samco turbo hose? i like doing things myself when it comes to tuning cars. but if its better just to have a shop weld a flange on the intercooler pipe then i will go with that. what is everything you need for a bov hook up? An ecu upgrade really looks tempting. speed tuning has a good deal on tuned ecu's. do you send them your chip and they send it back? thanks for all the help

Old 04-23-2008, 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: miller guy

which is easier? samco bov and samco turbo hose? i like doing things myself when it comes to tuning cars. but if its better just to have a shop weld a flange on the intercooler pipe then i will go with that. what is everything you need for a bov hook up? An ecu upgrade really looks tempting. speed tuning has a good deal on tuned ecu's. do you send them your chip and they send it back? thanks for all the help
The easiest is to purchase the SAMCO BOV and SAMCO hose.

Having the flange welded is going to cost money and a lot of people don't weld Aluminum and that is what the pipe is made from and what type of flange you will need. When I had mine done which I have taken off now and sold it cost $60 to have the flange welded to the pipe. If you go this route go with a HKS SSQV and or a TIAL BOV.

1. If you go the SAMCO route you will need the BOV, Hose and vaccum line and a clamp. I believe it comes with everything you need but talk to George at Viva Performance for more info on it.

2. If you go the other route. You will need the BOV, Aluminum flange and vaccum line.

Now remember if your an automatic it will only go off when you let off the gas and if your a manual it will of course go off during shifts. However you will gain no performance from adding a BOV on your car, all you will get is the sound. You may loose power if it leaks for whatever reason. But HKS SSQV, TIAL and SAMCO are good BOV's and shouldn't leak, but it is always a possibility.

------------------------

Forget what I said about the SAMCO. They are only for the 1998 model and before. Why? Because from 1999 on they changed the setup and the hoses are different and will not fit. So the SAMCO idea wont work.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:29 AM

damn.. i was really thinking about getting that samco kit. so now my only option is to get a bov welded to the icp. thanks for letting me know because i was about to place my order