Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

New S70 owner :-)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New S70 owner :-)

First post for this new member, I'm glad I found this forum, it's already been a lifesaver ! Bought my wife a '98 S70 a couple weeks ago and it's been sitting in the driveway waiting for the title to come in so I've been working on what I can. Finally got it on the road Saturday and took it straight to a garage to do the timing belt seems I didn't know how many miles it had on it (thanks to reading all the posts here). Damn good thing I did because the shop called to say it also needs a harmonic balancer real soon, AND to say the belt was half cut and one of the pulley bearings were missing a couple *****....they found them in the cover
I'm glad the shop was it's maiden voyage ! I passed on having them do the balancer because it looks like it's a simple job and I can get one from FCPeuro for half the price. Gonna have the engine codes read tonight cause since they did the belt, the engine light is now on. A couple more small things to tinker with and it will be an awesome car.

Last edited by rspi; 03-13-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: TYpo
Old 03-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi Frank, welcome to the forum.

Good to read your success story on the belt save.

You can read the NEW 850 thread in the 850 section to get a jump on most of the issues these cars have.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks rspi ! I was surprised by the mess they found lol. My back is messed up from a MVA so I wasn't about to tackle it myself, most things I will. Been working in garages and on race cars all my life so most things I will do. Gonna make a trip to the local u-pull-it salvage yard in the morning for some little odds and ends that I might find, most Volvos there have been picked pretty clean but I did see a couple new entries. Took it back to the shop to have the codes read and they showed EVAP, thankfully that was looked at previously so I knew what needed to be changed and already took care of it. Broken manifold. They cleared it for me and it's been fine since.
It's a pretty nice driving car, especially after driving my 4x4 all winter. So now I just hope my wife doesn't beat the snot out of it, she's the one that probably should have been put in a dirt late model lol.