Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

09 v8 s80

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 v8 s80

So I am traveling to Atlanta for NC later this week to look at the above. Car has 122K and its a 2 owner car with clean car fax. Price is a tad high $7900.00, but does have all options. Anything in particular I should look for when I get there? Are there any performance upgrades for this model? Like Polestar which I know isn't available for this car, I was just curious if there was anything out there.

TIA,
Chris

Old 12-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 502 Likes on 482 Posts

Personally, I think the single most important thing is your ability to get a full maintenance history. Its up to you to decide if the car is in "good" or "excellent" condition and what you'd offer (sights like KBB.com can help here as well as looking at national online car sites like Autotrader can give you an idea of market price and availability of a V8 S80. Its good to know if the car has the 4C suspension (with the electronic controlled shocks) as they are pretty expensive to replace. Given the miles and age, I'd do a full inspection of rubber bits in the suspension and chassis. your $7500 purchase can suddently become a lot more if you need to start replacing bushings/control arms etc. After that you need to test drive and see if all features work correctly, digital displays are clear and so on before deciding on your offer price. If you are handy and you your own repairs, then you can bid with confidence. If not, you may want to consider a professional inspection (budget $100) prior to purchase.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mt6127
Personally, I think the single most important thing is your ability to get a full maintenance history. Its up to you to decide if the car is in "good" or "excellent" condition and what you'd offer (sights like KBB.com can help here as well as looking at national online car sites like Autotrader can give you an idea of market price and availability of a V8 S80. Its good to know if the car has the 4C suspension (with the electronic controlled shocks) as they are pretty expensive to replace. Given the miles and age, I'd do a full inspection of rubber bits in the suspension and chassis. your $7500 purchase can suddently become a lot more if you need to start replacing bushings/control arms etc. After that you need to test drive and see if all features work correctly, digital displays are clear and so on before deciding on your offer price. If you are handy and you your own repairs, then you can bid with confidence. If not, you may want to consider a professional inspection (budget $100) prior to purchase.
Is there a longevity issue with these motors? Also, I thought I read somewhere that washing the engine will cause damage? Do you know anything about that?

TIA,
Chris