Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Can't turn off trunk lock.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't turn off trunk lock.

Hello,

I have a 2001 S80 T6 and I can't turn off the trunk lock which is activated inside the cabin with a button just above the gear shift ****. I pressthe buttonto de-activateit (with the key in the "II" position as it says in the manual)....butthe light in the button remains on and nothing changes. I hold the button for a few seconds...still nothing and the light stays on.

The only way I can open the trunk now is with the actual key....the remote doesn't do a thing. I found the fuse that controls the power trunk (which is located in the trunk), pulled it out, replaced it. Still nothing. When I had the fuse out and got back in the car and turned the key to the "II" position....the light on the button remained lit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Andy

Old 05-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Default RE: Can't turn off trunk lock.

I have the same problem, only mine doesnt even alow the master key to open the trunk.... I asked the delearship about it, they told me that the key I have is not the master key..... But I know it is, because its different the Valey key(tried this one also)I have which is light grey in color..

Old 05-02-2007, 06:47 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and I managed to get it working again.

I followed the instructions on the following link:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalVolvoS80.htm

to remove the module with the climate controls and the trunk button that was giving me problems. (I used a screwdriver to pry the gear shift surround plate) I found that I hadto move the gear **** to drive to get enough room to get a torx screwdriver to remove the module. (It doesn't show in the link that you need to undo those two screws but you do....Also if you try this and remove the torx screws, be careful because it is very easy to drop them and loose them in that tight space....also be careful when putting them back in.)

After moving the gear shift surround plate out of the way (with the **** in drive making it much easier)and undoing the screws, I tried to pull out the module but found it was in there quite hard and I didn't want to haul on it any harder for fear of snapping some retaining clips or something.

But I guess all that moving around of the module and curling my fingers around the backto feel if I could jiggle some wires for that stupid button.... fixed whatever it was that was wrong. The light went off when I pressed it before I had put it all back to the way it was, and the remote works.

I will NEVER press that button again.

I hope this works for you.

Andy

Old 05-02-2007, 06:50 PM

Also, make sure you turm the key both ways. When that button was creating problems I went to open the trunk with the key and the usual direction to open the trunk didn't work. It felt as if I had to turn it the opposite way (clockwise I think)....but that opened the trunk.

Good luck.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:46 PM

O.o did it take you a while to get to the module?