Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

emission system service required codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emission system service required codes

I bought my used volvo about 1 1/2 month ago, everything worked fine until today, i was parked waiting for the kid at school when suddenly i saw the message ( emission system service required). I was park foward on a slight angle less then 5 degree (just to say). I read somewhere to press the message on the turn signal arm and press rapidly on the rear fog lights twice fast to get codes. here are the result.

DTCS IN VEHICULE
ABS DTC SET
SAS DTC SET
SRSREADY
TCM CHECKING
ECM DTC SET
AUM DTC SET
CEM DTC SET
DIM DTC SET
DDM DTC SET
CCM CHECKING
LSM READY
PDM DTC SET
PSM DTC SET
REM READY
SWM READY
UEM CHECKING.....

Now, can anyone tell me what does it all mean? I have about 1/4 gas tank left (if it makes a diff), my girlfriend doesn't remember if she closed the gas cap completely tight.How can i reset the light....(no obdII, or scanner or anything like that).unplugging the battery and touching wires for 4-5 minutes maybe?don't know if it's related but i've noticed at night,when i approach a stop sign and release the gas pedal, seems like my headlight and lights in dashboard goes darker, when i press on the gas pedal again, semmes like evrything lights up brighter.I really need help...thanx

Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: emission system service required codes

You need to have someone with a scanner read and clear the codes.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:09 PM

i'll try to find one, and keep you updated...thanx tech

Old 03-14-2008, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: crazy volvo

I bought my used volvo about 1 1/2 month ago, everything worked fine until today, i was parked waiting for the kid at school when suddenly i saw the message ( emission system service required). I was park foward on a slight angle less then 5 degree (just to say). I read somewhere to press the message on the turn signal arm and press rapidly on the rear fog lights twice fast to get codes. here are the result.

DTCS IN VEHICULE
ABS DTC SET
SAS DTC SET
SRSREADY
TCM CHECKING
ECM DTC SET
AUM DTC SET
CEM DTC SET
DIM DTC SET
DDM DTC SET
CCM CHECKING
LSM READY
PDM DTC SET
PSM DTC SET
REM READY
SWM READY
UEM CHECKING.....

Now, can anyone tell me what does it all mean? I have about 1/4 gas tank left (if it makes a diff), my girlfriend doesn't remember if she closed the gas cap completely tight.How can i reset the light....(no obdII, or scanner or anything like that).unplugging the battery and touching wires for 4-5 minutes maybe?don't know if it's related but i've noticed at night,when i approach a stop sign and release the gas pedal, seems like my headlight and lights in dashboard goes darker, when i press on the gas pedal again, semmes like evrything lights up brighter.I really need help...thanx
Hello crazy volvo,
Pls also let me know when u pull out the codes from the scanner as m eager to know too. U mention...about lights getting dimmer when u release the gas pedal...it gets brighter when you press the gas pedal....if m not mistaken...its a sign that maybe your alternator is going bad.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:08 PM

Finally got a code today from an OBDII...it said P0442. anything with that? and i also reset the light and hasn't came back yet. could it be a loose connection or hose?...

Old 03-16-2008, 07:26 PM

forgot to mention, my gas gage read almost empty, and went to the gas pump, filled it but it seemed like it was only half empty.....i've put in 40 Litres and it suppose to take 80litres. could it have something to do with th P0442 code i pulled out from the obdii?

thanx everyone

Old 03-16-2008, 07:55 PM

This link might be of some help:

https://volvoforums.com/m_28764/tm.htm