Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Engine Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Issues

I have this 1999 Volvo S80. It has so many issues I starting to have some serious doubts about its dependability. In the last year it has this one problem that has particularly got me totally confused.

SOOOO... right now the check engine light is on.. the car shakes a lot when running, shudders to be specific.. there is a definite loss in power and u can smell these strong fumes coming out the exhaust (i think).. the throttle sensor, computer and mass air flow sensor have been replaced over the last few months.. the mass air flow sensor helped and the problem went away for a few months but its back again.. the mechanic can't really figure out whats wrong with it.. there is a a small leak in the water pump (verrryyyy small) and the timing belt probably has 10k left it on it, worst case.. he thinks those can be it but I don't see how.. I could really use some help / suggestions with these.. I am thinking about getting rid of the car but I really want to fix all the problems before I dump it on someone else.. So any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Old 04-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Issues

Get codes out of it. Timing belt gone bad could cause mis-firing. Fuel filter? Make sure there are sparksfrom all coils. Oxygen sensors (codes)?

Your air-fuel-spark mixture is incorrect causing the mis-fire; resulted with engine shakes and fumes in tail pipe.