Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

ipod interface issues

Old 10-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Default ipod interface issues

I bought ipod 5th generation 80 gb just to transfer my favourite cd's for use in new S80. It works well over aux but is not very convenient for selecting tracks and artists this way. So I would buy volvo ipod interface butcan't find ananswer to these:

1. Does the system recognizes apple lossless format? In the manual it's a warning about file types. It could be understood that it reads only mp3, wma and wav. My ipod is filled up with apple lossless cause i'm a good sound lover and don't want to loose quality (premium sound installed).

2. Can you browse over incar menu artist, albums, playlists and tracks or playlists and tracks only?

3. Does the artist and track names appear on the cardisplay?

4. Do all normal operations perform well or are there problems with skipping tracks, ect.?

These are vital questions. I really don't want to throw away 320 eur for something that doesn't work well.

Thank anyone